Siege defenders need some love

Users who are viewing this thread

I like these ideas a lot, but i actually think the Viking Conquest DLC was a great middle ground. As far as barricades and ladders, i think these are fine where they are at, but you should be forced to spend time and sacrifice troops to "place mantlets" like in VC before the actual in game fight happens. I also think when a settlement gets sieged and attackers are building the siege camp, defending parties should be able to get into the settlement with minimal causalities until the siege camp is finished being built. I think all the options from VC sieges should be in Bannerlord, alongside the current features of being able to build siege equipment. They would both start to happen once the siege camp is built, no need make everything in the same queue, just have two different queues for siege equipment and "planning siege" queue like in VC.
I agree with my past self. :lol:

Very good ideas, as it is now walled defense positions are more of a liability than an asset.

Only point where I disagree a little is the defensive barricades, they were an important factor for sieges, used a lot and could relatively easily and safely be installed by carrying them in front of a group of soldiers. They should be a bit farther away from the walls however, and reduced in numbers, as maybe several would have been destroyed by the time of the last assault (which we play) by fire arrows or such.

+1说的太好了,另外还希望城堡或城镇外边多来一些居民的房屋可以被破坏的以及放火将房屋烧着,也方便士兵烧杀抢掠等,最好再有一些普通百姓的尸首就就躺在地上或者做一些跪地求饶等动画以体现出战争的残酷
In addition, I hope that more residents' houses outside castles or towns can be destroyed and set on fire, which is convenient for soldiers to burn, kill and rob. It is better to have some ordinary people lying on the ground or make some animations like kneeling and begging for mercy to reflect the cruelty of the war

I agree with the OP. I would think it is enough that soldiers are behind walls and on ramparts but it is not. I blame this on the lack of armor piercing on arrows from defenders on the wall. There should be more "attrition" for the attackers by virtue of attacking something so perfectly defendable, like a castle.

main issues as I see it from the defenders side:
- stupid unit block at the gate with flanking opportunity to destroy them from behind, they should be given the charge order, but stay relatively inside an area.
- archers on the walls and behind te windows not shooting enough, I have seen them waiting until their brothers are killed, before they start shooting. The volume of arrows from the walls could be higher.
- not all the arrow slit windows are occupied.
- archers should take cover while reloading
- defenders should defend a tower entrance so the archers on de top are protected and can keep killing
- the murder hole above the second gate is not dangerous enough, (I think I saw some improvement recently)
- I hope there will be a defensive line between de walls and the keep as a secondary defensie. this would be first rallying point before retreating to the keep. Doesn’t even have to be pallisade, just some troops defending a street. (Wishful thinking)

Back
Top Bottom