Need More Info Siege crashing causing other servers to not come back online (OC specifically)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary: We had 40+ odd players on Siege last night and it crashed back to back (mid-match) within a span of 20-30 minutes. After this happened, we were reduced back to 2 OC servers being live (from 4) for approximately 2-4 hours before it seemed to have fixed itself. There seems to be an issue here suggesting that when a server crashes too often within a time frame that other servers also suffer and get taken offline. I am assuming two things here which may be happening: either it overloads the VPS due to something happening behind the scenes or the server/or VPS legitimately breaks/or goes offline and requires to be started again before it works. It's important to note here aswell that we have only experienced server issues such as this frequent crashing with Duel, TDM and Siege modes (when super populated) meanwhile Battle runs exceptionally well and never causes crashes for us in a way which reflects onto other servers.
How to Reproduce: Having a OC Siege server populated enough for back to back crashing within a short timeframe.

While I know there is not alot to go off here, I hope this can atleast put some light on the issue OC servers have been experiencing lately.

Last edited:
The biggest problem for us is the fact that when the Siege servers crash and stop other servers from coming up, we're waiting roughly 20 minutes between each time the Battle_OC server comes back up (because limited servers I guess), which is a pain considering this is the mode a lot of us really want to play.

Back
Top Bottom