Siege camp construction

Users who are viewing this thread

So I have this mod that gives some unique companions and one of which is a 250 skill engineer which i hired.

now i'm sieging this Khuzait castle and they have like 200 men defending it. no governor. I have a 2000 men army with a high tier engineer.

and I'm just seeing how fast their ballistas come up as i slowly build my siege camp.... took a little while before bombing down their ballistas n losing some men in the siege bombardment at random.

what gives? like we have 10 times the men and an engineer. shouldn't we build siege camp and equipment at 10x-20x the speed? like wtf

So I have this mod that gives some unique companions and one of which is a 250 skill engineer which i hired.

now i'm sieging this Khuzait castle and they have like 200 men defending it. no governor. I have a 2000 men army with a high tier engineer.

and I'm just seeing how fast their ballistas come up as i slowly build my siege camp.... took a little while before bombing down their ballistas n losing some men in the siege bombardment at random.

what gives? like we have 10 times the men and an engineer. shouldn't we build siege camp and equipment at 10x-20x the speed? like wtf
Bannerman Man broke it down, as usual:
Anything that affects siege engine construction also affects siege camp construction. The base value for daily siege construction is determined as the square root of the total number of healthy troops a side has. So if the attacking army has 1024 healthy troops, they will have a base manpower of 32 per day. The siege camp requires 32 construction points, so it will take exactly 1 day to construct. Siege towers require 16 points, so they would take half a day to construct. The engineer skill boosts your base construction by 0.1% per skill point, so having 100 engineering skill will boost your construction by 10% (equivalent to the Empire feat), 200 by 20%, etc.
To add to that, on the other side of things, prosperity boosts the construction speed of siege weapons for the defenders. A town with around 9,000 prosperity builds ballistas so fast even 4 trebs can't keep them down. Or at least that was the way it happened a few patches back. It has been awhile since I built siege weapons against a town with high prosperity.

so per calculation, my 1500 men army has a base build rate of 39, with 25% engineering bonus and perks (+20%)
vs
150 men Khuzait castle with 1500 prosperity... that's like a base rate of 12.

theoretically i should still build at 4-5 time the rate though. but the castle finishes 4 ballista before i could build 1 after the siege camp. it just seems like we are slightly faster in construction. only slightly not nearly 2x speed

prosperity boosts the construction speed of siege weapons for the defenders
Are you basing that on observation? Because I don't believe prosperity actually factors in at all. If you're noticing high prosperity towns pumping out siege engines at a high rate, it's probably due to them typically having larger garrisons + militias, as well as multiple levels of the building Siege Workshops. Each level of Siege Workshops adds +30% to the construction speed of siege engines, so level 3 boosts the speed by a full 90%.

Let's say a town has a combined defending force of 576 troops. That would give them a base siege construction speed of 24 per day. If they have level 3 Siege Workshops, that boosts the speed to (1.9 x 24) = 45.6 per day. Ballista only have a build cost of 8, so that means the town would be able to pump out almost 6 per day.

Are you basing that on observation? Because I don't believe prosperity actually factors in at all. If you're noticing high prosperity towns pumping out siege engines at a high rate, it's probably due to them typically having larger garrisons + militias, as well as multiple levels of the building Siege Workshops. Each level of Siege Workshops adds +30% to the construction speed of siege engines, so level 3 boosts the speed by a full 90%.
Yes, observation. Sanala is nearly impossible to treb down because of it. I figured it was due to prosperity because I've knocked several thousand prosperity off towns over the course of a siege and the engines were definitely being built slower.
Let's say a town has a combined defending force of 576 troops. That would give them a base siege construction speed of 24 per day. If they have level 3 Siege Workshops, that boosts the speed to (1.9 x 24) = 45.6 per day. Ballista only have a build cost of 8, so that means the town would be able to pump out almost 6 per day.
But I didn't realize defender numbers counted for siege engine construction. That explains why they were being built slower then; those defenders were dying off in huge numbers.

Back
Top Bottom