In Progress Siege bugs Or what Am going wrong in this siege ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: Defending army slaughtered in final stage of siege
How to Reproduce: play SAV file, watch siege
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Geforce 1080
GPU Driver Version: Latest
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 32 G
Motherboard: TUF X570
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

I've sent the SAV file via email. ( SiegeAssault.SAV) Set catapults on all towers, Auto deploy. watch and enjoy :grin:

To start, let me say I love how sieges work, they mostly work smoothly and AI is generally .. ok .. ish. But why did I lose this siege ? My catapults destroyed his ram. I had plenty of melee troops to stop his tower assaults, yet I still lost in final stage !

What appears to happen is –

(1) that my men LOVE climbing down the towers, to get slaughtered.

(2) His archers had devastating effect against my men , on towers and waiting nearby. Yet my archers were weak ?

There seems to be two obvious bugs here.

(1) Defenders SHOULD NOT be climbing down ladders, under any circumstances !

(2) Defenders should be facing attackers and using their shields to protect themselves from arrows, even shield-wall where possible.

I didn’t notice any other obvious bugs or tactical flaws on my behalf. please help.

Archaic Warrior

Yeah i hate it when they climb down the stairs, they said they are working on it though so hang tight. What i do when i am facing a siege with towers is micro manage the troops.
Put one group in front of the gate without delegated command (so i know the gate is always guarded)
When the tower reaches the wall i keep selecting groups till the ones closest light up and tell them to shield wall formation and move order on the wall. That seems to stop them.
Its not ideal because the stairs on the other side will probably be swarmed with no guards but they will head for the gate anyways.
Till the pathing is fixed, and you feel you must win a siege because it would devastate your current situation, you can retreat, start over, retreat till you feel the fight is a bit fairer. I don't do it myself but i know it is a thing you can do.
Hope this helps :smile:

Hello, the work on defense AI on sieges is an ongoing process. Our team is working on this issue. You can follow our patch notes to see if any update is issued about this topic in future updates. Thank you for reporting it in.

Back
Top Bottom