Siege battles are unplayable

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys I'm just after finishing a siege battle, another complete lag fest where after I scaled the wall I was getting between 10-20fps. I have a rtx 2080, i7 6770k, 16gb of ram plus I changed settings from very high to low and it did nothing.

I've seen other players play sieges on YouTube which was much smoother. I'm wondering where I'm going wrong and are many other people experiencing this as it makes the game unplayable

Yeah it's the only time the game chugs for me too. I lower shadows and decals and put rag dolls down to 10 while in sieges and that helps but definitely have a few minutes of low frames.

Chugged for me too, though it was a big fight. Oddly, it only started chugging about half way through when there were lots of bodies laying around. Before then it had been super smooth. There appeared to be an issue with units fighting whereby they didn't actually *appear* to fight properly. I snuck around the back of them and sliced the enemy units up instead. At about 10fps.

Chugged for me too, though it was a big fight. Oddly, it only started chugging about half way through when there were lots of bodies laying around. Before then it had been super smooth. There appeared to be an issue with units fighting whereby they didn't actually *appear* to fight properly. I snuck around the back of them and sliced the enemy units up instead. At about 10fps.

I'm hoping it can be fixed as thats quite significant performance issues

2 big criterias for sieges lagging :

- The amount of people attending (obviously)

- Siege engines. Rams in particular make the game go nuts.

The only reason why I'm worried is because Total War had the exact same problem in sieges especially during choke points and no amount of patches could ever fix it. Finally it has been resolved in the newer Titles but patches never seemed to help when it was an issue

So i noticed after starting a big field battle on my much older system (780 ti), the game lags a lot and smooths things down about 10 seconds in once it loads everything in the battle. That said, my ram usage goes as high as 95% (16gb) and stays that way AFTER the battle. Until I close the game entirely. Obvious memory leak. Sieges could be much worse. Many things need to be optimized obviously.

I'm just letting the AI do the seige'n and raking up influence by wiping out the field armies and just buying the property with influence.
I hope this and all related things improve soon though. It has improved a lot since the first couple days, but big battles are still trouble.

Back
Top Bottom