Siege Battles and Siege AI

Users who are viewing this thread

Once pathfinding/ better a.i comes around it will be nearly perfect besides adding "layers" such as the tactical retreat points they mentioned before.

Its coming together. They will probably miss their 1 year mark for 100% solid features, but will hopefully not miss it by much.

I don't bother with siege towers anymore. I place a legion of Fian Champions in front and let them shoot everyone in sight until they no longer bring reinforcements on the walls. Sometimes this causes such a huge morale drop that they just flee into the castle outright.

After the walls are no longer manned, just get the ladders up and assault the remaining enemy. Meanwhile, sneakily open the main gate so your forces can walk right in.

Battering rams are best. Just crash down the doors and send everyone in. Siege towers are the worst as noted by many-- everyone seems afraid to climb the ladders so they just sit at the bottom, or just use one ladder (obviously extremely poor tactical decision). Ladders are good sometimes when there are multiple ladder points and you don't get traffic jams. I'm guessing they tested this with smaller battle sizes (below 500) where it would probably work okay.

This is the most broken thing in the game and it is desperate to be fixed. I can't believe it's been a year and there's never really been any acknowledgement of how broken it is that I've seen?

@Callum you guys aware of the problems with siege pathfinding, particularly the ladders, towers etc? Don't recall seeing it on any roadmaps that's all.

This is the most broken thing in the game and it is desperate to be fixed. I can't believe it's been a year and there's never really been any acknowledgement of how broken it is that I've seen?

@Callum you guys aware of the problems with siege pathfinding, particularly the ladders, towers etc? Don't recall seeing it on any roadmaps that's all.

The funny part is there are still plenty of castles with totally F'd pathfinding for ladders and towers and I can STILL win with minimal losses, just can't imagine how easy they will be once those problems are fixed. I already said in another post some castles are still no better for defenders than a Field battle for some castles.

They said a lot of the castles are placeholders, because they are going to add 100% unique castles for every location on the map, I imagine that they won't really bother with major changes until they start that process of touching up and making the new castles.

Back
Top Bottom