Siege battle performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Julio-Claudian

Sergeant Knight
Does the game freeze during battles, especially sieges, for anyone else?

This happens in every siege battle with large numbers involved. Game freezes and CPU goes mental. CPU stays at this level until I end the task.

Try out the Realistic Battle Ai module from this mod. Sieges will run much better for the most part (battanians castles still run like **** afaik). Be aware that the mod removes siege towers, but considering they havent been working properly since lauch it will actually only make both battle results and performance better.

I’ve been using RBM since a week or two after I got the game in April last year. The game does this no matter what in large battles though. Disabling mods, dropping graphics levels, installing the game on a pc with specs way above what’s recommended makes no difference. I see people reporting this on various nexus mod pages but none of those mods are the cause. It’s so frustrating. I should be able to run this with zero issues.

It’s not lagging, it just freezes during any large battle.

It's like if there are more than one or two waves of reinforcements that spawn the game can't handle it.

Last edited:
I’ve been using RBM since a week or two after I got the game in April last year. The game does this no matter what in large battles though. Disabling mods, dropping graphics levels, installing the game on a pc with specs way above what’s recommended makes no difference. I see people reporting this on various nexus mod pages but none of those mods are the cause. It’s so frustrating. I should be able to run this with zero issues.

It’s not lagging, it just freezes during any large battle.

It's like if there are more than one or two waves of reinforcements that spawn the game can't handle it.
Which castle cultures are you usally experiencing these issues?

Which castle cultures are you usally experiencing these issues?
All of them. Usually not castles since they have fewer defenders but almost every city or field battle involving a large number (3000+) will freeze, (usually after one or two waves of reinforcements have spawned) and cause my CPU to max out and stay at 100% or very close until I force the application to close. I suppose 'siege battle performance' was the wrong thread title.

Back
Top Bottom