SP - Battles & Sieges Siege/Battle Outfit

Users who are viewing this thread

As it is now (e1.0.9) I often find myself with weapon loadouts that do not fit the current battle. For example having a lance in a siege battle plus a bow with two quivers. What makes a huge difference for a something so easily overseen.
One could say it is my fault for not paying too much attention to what I am doing, but in the time of quick and exciting battles it will be missed more often than not. Here you fought a lord roaming the area and then you besiege the castle, build siege equipment, watch the worldmap for incoming armies and finally lead your soldiers to battle, with a stupid lance in your hands.

My suggestion would be: Add an extra outfit for siege battles. With the option to use weapons/armors from the standart battle outfit, so we do not need multiple pieces of a good helmet, but we can choose to bring other weapons with us if we want.
Putting back the battlechest would also help, although it would not be so elegant in my opinion and would create exploits like unlimited arrows for attackers.

Something similar could be used for troops. I have not fought many siege battles in Bannerlord, expescially with lancers in it, so I can not tell if it is included yet. In M&B WFaS units with long polearms get them repalced with a shorter sidearm, like a sabre. A nice touch and makes these units much more usefull in sieges, as some lancers/knights are in Warband.

+1 I am tired of having to switch equipment manually from my lance and bow combo to a melee equipment set for sieges.
Would also be incredibly nice to be able to choose the outfit you want in the pre-battle menu on the left side which has the options to "attack" and "Surrender"

+1, I forget all the time. I either am stuck with a spear in a siege or a crappy bow on horseback in field battles, where I never use bows and as such have super low skills.

if they give you 4 more slots for weapons load out for sieges like they do civilians. The draw back is obviously you have to aquire 4 more items for yourself and all the npcs in your clan.

Hasn't personally bugged me much. I do more commanding then fighting in a siege.

if they give you 4 more slots for weapons load out for sieges like they do civilians. The draw back is obviously you have to aquire 4 more items for yourself and all the npcs in your clan.
They could includ a button for each item slot so items for the siege outfit are used from the normal battle outfit, so we do not have to get more weapons..

In warband I would roleplay this stuff before battles, picking the right weapons for the job, putting on nice clothes for feasts, etc. Nice for immersion and I figure the obligatory feeling of idiocy going into a siege with a lance was fitting punishment for forgetting, imagining fellow lords pointing and laughing at the guy bringing a lance to a siege.

That being said with bannerlord already having a new spot for civilian clothes, it's not a bad idea to have one for sieges, but more for armor then weapons. If I'm playing a horseback commander I'm going to have a one hander and throwables with a lance, so two out of three usuable in a siege, or bow and pole arm, also useable.

The bigger difference for me is armor. On horse back I dont care how heavy the armor is, I just want max protection, especially for my legs. If I'm playing a foot commander, I want lighter armor with the defensive emphasis on body and arms, that still let's me move fast.

So, yeah, I like this idea.

The simplest trick would be just to show the inventory screen to remind you to check your gear.
Depending on who you're fighting, you may choose a different load out anyway,
but having one or more extra outfit slot would be nice too :smile:
(siege, hideout attack, more to come ? : ceremony, infiltration ... )

Back
Top Bottom