Siege Attrition with food?

Users who are viewing this thread

crowoverhoe

Recruit
Hey guys I don't quite understand why my party keeps losing warriors during a siege even though I have enough food left and morale is also high? I'm kinda confused because I also don't see any message that explains why they are leaving my party but my party of 150 dudes lost 15 of them in a few days of siege. Not sure how I ever should have a successful siege like that. Maybe it is the lack of food variety not sure?
I haven't played since a long time so it might be something I have missed in an update since then.

Would be nice if someone could help me out :smile:

If siege weapons (ballista and catapult)are being used on the map, you could be loosing men due to this. You will see your party number flash red as they shoot a siege weapon into one of yours. Lack of food should only knock out troops and cause -moral, which will have to drop very low (I think under 20?) for troops to desert.

1 issue to watch out for though is you max part size fluctuating, such as, as a ruler if you have the leader of the masses perks you can gain +party size for fiefs and then if there is an election that gives them to another clan the bonus size is lost. Also the party size doesn't update in real time so changing things like the quartermaster can show you false size at first, you must close it and look a second time to update it.

it could be enemy siege weapons. It's definitely not max party size fluctuating because I actually do lose warriors. So if I don't build siege weapons like trebuchets and onagers it shouldn't happen? I thought it happens as well when I don't build those. Not sure how I should pull off sieges like that. I lose men faster than the defenders and they don't have any food left lol

it could be enemy siege weapons. It's definitely not max party size fluctuating because I actually do lose warriors. So if I don't build siege weapons like trebuchets and onagers it shouldn't happen? I thought it happens as well when I don't build those. Not sure how I should pull off sieges like that. I lose men faster than the defenders and they don't have any food left lol
Yeah the weapons need a weapon to shoot at so it you don't build them they can't do it. As for staving them it's still slow (although better then in old versions) and the militia and lord parties inside will not starve, only the fief garrison. I would say it much better to just attack with a large amount of ranged troops, no siege gear, just put the ranged troops very close to the ladders and non ranged troops in front with shields up, also make sure they put the ladder s up. This usually will let you kill 3/4 of the defenders at the ladders with the ranged, then send em up clean up. Also, when you siege a fief it chooses to build either ballista or catapults, ballista will kill your guys, catapult ko them and so I like to leave and start siege until they make catapults as they are slower to make they end up with less in the battle and it's often easier to put troops close to ladders in a place catapults can't hit, but ballista sometimes can. Also, sometimes the fief will start with a free ballista... but if it chooses to build catapults it will keep building them and overwrite the free ballista.

ty for your replies. I will try your strategy but I don't see ladders in the prebattle map so I'm not sure where I should place my troops. Also this change seems to make siege weapons nearly unusable if you lose 10% of your army in just a few days of shooting siege weapons, until the wall is destroyed my army is almost halfed then?

If you dont build siege towers, you will get ladders automatically. They are always at same spot laying under the walls. You will never see your men actually carry them to the walls...silly 🤷🏻‍♂️

ty for your replies. I will try your strategy but I don't see ladders in the prebattle map so I'm not sure where I should place my troops. Also this change seems to make siege weapons nearly unusable if you lose 10% of your army in just a few days of shooting siege weapons, until the wall is destroyed my army is almost halfed then?
Get trebuchets as an ability, put them into reserve the moment they are built, then unleash all four at once. They'll keep your casualties manageable. I only lose about 20-30 men per siege, even knocking down both walls.

Back
Top Bottom