Siege attackers NEVER use ranged weaponry??

Users who are viewing this thread

Seriously, this is game breaking. Yeah Shields are useful but **** sake, archers should shoot not charge in melee... In fact, most mods if not all and certainly native has actual useful attacking archers. Not this... Is there a fix or did the developers seriously think this was remotely OK gameplay let alone realistic?

Sorry I didn't me Rion that I was a freelancer therefore I couldn't controll the AI. In fact, due to this every enemy which I obviously can't control will never use ranged weapons making it super easy and boring. I had to abandon mod damn it.

Giving the open fire command does nothing for me. Neither my allies nor my own archer are shooting.
I'm using an altered version of the mod that could be the cause I suppose. Maybe brainy bots scripting?

Nevermind, I overlooked a fix for this issue.

Edit: A fix that doesn't work,  :lol:.  I guess it's just broken for good. Perhaps someone sometime finds the fault in the source code.

Yeah, been having the same problem for almost a year now. Not just here, but 4 other different versions as well (seeing how they're all based on 1.13)

Anyway, since the source code is out maybe it's now possible to look into which script forces the AI to use melee at the beginning of attacking sieges?

A year? :razz: This problem has been accompanying us for as long as I can remember playing this mod. Take a look at my thread from 2015, where I showcase a siege defense against 1700 troops with exactly 5(!) losses on my side because of this nonsense. I pointed this out several more times over the course of months/years and then gave up on it, cause it became obvious that there were no plans to fix this. Which made me shelf this mod lately, cause constantly shotting fish in a barrel gets old at some point unfortunately.

But with the unexpected release of the source there's hope on the horizon for someone stepping in and rectifying the situation. I'm not a programmer myself but hopefully it's as easy as setting a missing flag/trigger somewhere.

DeSoto said:
A year? :razz: This problem has been accompanying us for as long as I can remember playing this mod. Take a look at my thread from 2015, where I showcase a siege defense against 1700 troops with exactly 5(!) losses on my side because of this nonsense. I pointed this out several more times over the course of months/years and then gave up on it, cause it became obvious that there were no plans to fix this. Which made me shelf this mod lately, cause constantly shotting fish in a barrel gets old at some point unfortunately.

But with the unexpected release of the source there's hope on the horizon for someone stepping in and rectifying the situation. I'm not a programmer myself but hopefully it's as easy as setting a missing flag/trigger somewhere.

Well, I know at least one 1257 version from... ahem, 4chan that apparently managed to fix this issue, after the source code was released. It has been abandoned but it is open source as well. Maybe someone could make use of it?

https://github.com/admiralnelson/modded_modded_1257ad

Seems pretty well documented too.

honestly? this mod has been dead for years now. It does run on the latest WB patch, but it's glitched to hell...

To run it properly one has to revert back several patches (I can't even remember from which year tbh) and even then you'll be facing many glitches.

Don't get me wrong, this was one of my favorite mods, maybe the #1, but now it's just a corpse and we keep trying to perform necromantic magic on it by trying to play it again  :lol:

There's a reason why it's subforum was moved into the "cellar"

Deathstruck92 said:
DeSoto said:

Well, I know at least one 1257 version from... ahem, 4chan that apparently managed to fix this issue, after the source code was released. It has been abandoned but it is open source as well. Maybe someone could make use of it?

I fixed it here. Attacking troops will also charge immediately after the siege starts, while in modded 2x they stood there for 5 seconds before charging due to a check in the script.

KratosMKII said:
Deathstruck92 said:
DeSoto said:

I fixed it here. Attacking troops will also charge immediately after the siege starts, while in modded 2x they stood there for 5 seconds before charging due to a check in the script.
Awesome, gonna try your submod soon =) thx for the hardwork bro

Back
Top Bottom