Resolved Siege Attack - Deploying Troops inside defender area

Users who are viewing this thread

Kakku

Recruit
How to Reproduce:
- Playing with Sturgians
- Leading an army, with companion parties and NPC's. (Around 600men)
- Attacking Odokh, held by Aserai (Around 130men)
- I built 2 siege towers and 1 ram
During deployment I was able to place troops inside defenders area, on walls or ground.
The area was limited, I couldnt place everywhere inside the castle (further inside)

I had sieged it before, but had to leave and fight an army on field. Then returned to siege again.
I wasn't able to deploy troops in such way when attacking Husn Fulq after conquering Odokh. (could not reproduce on another settlement yet)

Quest/Settlement Name (if related): Odokh
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Terribly sorry, I didn't capture any media of the event.
Version: 1.0.7
Computer Specs
:
GPU: GTX 660 Ti
CPU: i5 2500K
RAM: 12GB DDR3 Kingston
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Last edited:
Sounds like there is no flag set on which positions are offensive or defensive for PC troop placement. It is possible that it would work the opposite as well, with a PC defender during a siege being able to place troops near the attacker's base/siege engines.

UPDATE: I reproduced the bug on multiple locations, and screenshots.
Version: e1.0.11 (newest beta up to date)
Settlement name:
Multiple
Media:
I was able to place troops anywhere inside or outside of the castle (in battle area).
Troops inside didnt seem to attack properly the enemy, instead jamming up against the walls trying to get out, or even jump from walls.
I have a saved game file of the siege, when leading the attack you can always repeat the bug.

Sounds like they're scripted for a certain sequence. If there is no way into the castle then that is what they have to accomplish first. It would explain why they are trying to get out. They are trying to get to the siege equipment in order the breach the walls that their AI are telling them are still intact. Normally this would not be a concern since you are meant to start outside the fortifications, but with this bug we can see the order of events.

This may also point toward another reported bug wherein the AI attackers are determined to break through the gates with a ram, while a large contingent of forces waits a short distance away. Meanwhile, the ladders/towers are already letting a flood of attackers in. The ram contingent seems to be locked into their holding position behind the ram until it breaks the gate, then they either charge in to toward the inner gate if there has been no progress on the walls or, more likely, they split up to the other entry points and forget about all of the hard work they put in to break down the gate.

Took me a bit to find it, but you may want to add your findings to the post HERE

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hey! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom