siege ai

Users who are viewing this thread

It's on the list

You guys are just impatient. :xf-wink:
Dude it's been on the list since the first day of EA. They even "fixed" it in a couple of patch notes. Obviously nothing got fixed, but it's been there for more than a year. It's like the coder who was working on the AI just left and they haven't gotten a comparable replacement.

i find sieges very easy to win
Just build a ram if your RAM is destroyed before getting to main gate you can retreat or scumsave
siege towers are also good cause defenders will try to get down the wall (broken AI) and your archers can pick them easy
When you are in siege mode check if they are building catapults or balistas, balistas never breaks RAM if they get 4 catapults you can get 1 or 2 trebuches to kill the catapult before going to battle mode

Try to kill archers on wall/catapults, when your RAM destroys the 1st game rush inside and kill the 2nd gate as soon you can then is just a bloodbath, sometimes the defenders even came out of the castle lol

Make sure you have alot of archers and shielded footman, no recruits and you can win 1:1 ratio

It's on the list

You guys are just impatient. :xf-wink:
On the list for a year you mean. This is one of those things that is a huge bugbear for me, so I'm well beyond impatient more like pissed off.

i find sieges very easy to win
Just build a ram if your RAM is destroyed before getting to main gate you can retreat or scumsave
siege towers are also good cause defenders will try to get down the wall (broken AI) and your archers can pick them easy
When you are in siege mode check if they are building catapults or balistas, balistas never breaks RAM if they get 4 catapults you can get 1 or 2 trebuches to kill the catapult before going to battle mode

Try to kill archers on wall/catapults, when your RAM destroys the 1st game rush inside and kill the 2nd gate as soon you can then is just a bloodbath, sometimes the defenders even came out of the castle lol

Make sure you have alot of archers and shielded footman, no recruits and you can win 1:1 ratio
They can be a lot easier then all that... but people want the "Siege" experience of going over the walls and equipment they made being useful and working properly and to have some control and agency in how it goes down!

And of course if some ****i militia kills one of my Khans guards I'm re-setting the game and soling the whole ****ing town!
I just want my guys to stand where I say and do what I say, not hang all *** out 'kinda' doing their job.

And which Dev(s) Thinks it's okay to combine all the units into blob1 and blob 2 in the siege? Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So I dont want to make an entirely new thread about this problem but I noticed it seems to be tied to the battering ram beeing destroyed. Sieges where the ram is destroyed the attacking AI stops working. If they got ranged weapons they will still use but aside from that will lock in place. In sieges where the ram wasent destroyed ive seen everything work as intended.

Not just once but multiple times. Ever siege I saw where the AI glitched it happened as soon as the ram was destroyed. Maybe some part of the code about siege equipment getting destroyed ruins the entirety of it?

And which Dev(s) Thinks it's okay to combine all the units into blob1 and blob 2 in the siege? Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Reee indeed
If you have hundreds of archers and if there are few mantlet´s in the siege map they will blob and an enemy catapult can knockout 15 archers at once
Mobile mantlets should be a thing
And crossbows should deploy their pavise
Enemy archers should be on top of enemy houses and there could be some fight in the mid of streets.
Not just get Gate then its sudently over

So I dont want to make an entirely new thread about this problem but I noticed it seems to be tied to the battering ram beeing destroyed. Sieges where the ram is destroyed the attacking AI stops working. If they got ranged weapons they will still use but aside from that will lock in place. In sieges where the ram wasent destroyed ive seen everything work as intended.

Not just once but multiple times. Ever siege I saw where the AI glitched it happened as soon as the ram was destroyed. Maybe some part of the code about siege equipment getting destroyed ruins the entirety of it?
Bugreport it my dude

Isent he siege AI bug already very well known? I mean I have no problem making a report for it but it feels like overdoing it...
I think your identification of the circumstances in which the AI plays up might help them identify the source of bugs easier.

Some tip for every user who don't know:
1. As an attacker, simply order your solder to charge. Always destroy walls before the actual siege.
2. As a defender, do nothing to your solder and let them group and fight as designed.

Back
Top Bottom