Resolved Siege AI glitching out due to destruction of battering ram

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Siege AI for attacking party stops as soon as the battering ram is destroyed.
How to Reproduce: Load into a siege where an AI party is sieging and join the battle. If battering ram gets destroyed the AI glitches out
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): I suppose any sieges but ive noticed it during the sieges of Marunath, Rhemtoil castle and Seonon.

I noticed siege AI completly stopping. it seems to be tied to the battering ram beeing destroyed. Sieges where the ram is destroyed the attacking AI stops working. If they got ranged weapons they will still use but aside from that the attacking party will lock in place. In sieges where the ram wasent destroyed ive seen everything work as intended. Ladders get deployed and used, same for siege towers.

Ive noticed this not just once but multiple times. Every siege I saw where the AI glitched it happened as soon as the ram was destroyed. Ive used this defensivly as well. Manually targetting the ram to stop the attackers allowing me to win a siege where I was outnumbered over 3 to 1.

Maybe some part of the code about siege equipment getting destroyed ruins the entirety of it? The sieges that ive played dident have any walls higher then tier 1 and the AI was always the one deciding what siege equipment to use.

I saw multiple threads about siege AI glitching out but I dont think anyone mentioned the ram getting destroyed so many that gives you guys a lead?

Hello, sorry for the late reply. Dident get a notification that this thread ahd an update for some reason :/

I dont have footage from the siege but do got a save that I made prior to going into battle. I suppose I could try and recreate the same instance but fighting the battle took me over half an hour at the time :oops: Would the save help any?

It can yeah, please send it to us!
You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Uploaded the file. Trying to catch the glitch in action but my aim with the siege engine sucks :oops:

-edit-
It took me an hour, but I managed to reproduce the bug and capture it in a video:
At the 3:04 mark the ram is destroyed and after that you can see the AI run to the ladders, and while they raise them. Thats all they do. The rest of the AI script seems to glitch out.

Last edited:
No problem!

While looking in the recording file I noticed I had footage of another siege where the same AI glitch happened. This time I was attacking:

This generally happens on most of siege maps with level 2 and 3 walls. It for example reliably happens on Ain Baliq castle level 3. The 8 guys that are supposed to break the gate are running towards ladders / siege towers instead, only when some of the original 8 are killed their replacements might try to cut down the gate. We hotfixed it in RBM AI module so perhaps devs might want to look into our code (we are on github). We also fixed ladders, so perhaps devs might want to look into that too. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom