Siege AI fixed next patch!!...Maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

My bet is on a minor/moderate fix and the rest of the problems are considered "we will never fix this so don't ask". :smile:
498ed76be651cffb6bb9bac6a9bb75c3.jpg

But you´re right, for a second I forgot what TW already has done in the past, so this is of course also a valid option.

Dejan maybe is already trying to get an audition with Armagan himself to ask him if this is something that he is allowed to communicate to the forum peasants.

If sieges are fixed, I am playing again
imagine playing this game when sieges don't work, are you guys for real

I know, but I still prefer hundreds of working sieges than hundreds of brain dead broken AI sieges.
Yes. While I said that I'm having a blast executing everyone, it's just one role play option among many. Everyone in my faction hates my guts and I have to rely on influence exploits to get voted for fief ownership. If siege works, then I can play as anything other than an absolute bastard who executes 15 years olds, pregnant women, and beheads 5 kings of the same faction within 3 days.

Yes, it's one of those no-name NPCs that did the detective work. Not a statement from a TW employee. This is how fake news are created.
Congratulations on the pregnancy to the happy couple and I hope they are blessed with 12 fresh lovely babies.
Doesn't the "Community Manager" with the TW flag mean that it's an employee? Not just helpers like the mods?

Yes, it's one of those no-name NPCs that did the detective work. Not a statement from a TW employee. This is how fake news are created.
There was a clear statement by a Taleworlds employee on each of the twenty-eight siege bug threads that were marked resolved.
I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks for reporting!

Huh...

90% of the time these days I just starve a city out while I'm making a cup of tea and watching old episodes of Love Island. This will be a nice change.

looks like all the AI issues with sieges have been resolved
A fixed and working (good) siege AI isn´t more than a marginal improvment?
Actually I think this is a massive over reaction to the information provided and a very dangerous claim!
http://tw.greywool.com/i/l6Y-f.jpg
^This is almost all reports on the same thing (people don't use search function)and the other few are very vague pathing issues. This doesn't come close to "fixing all the siege problems" such as:
"The game" put units in groups without your consent and it changes their performance
The formations for some groups on some maps won't spread out or obey properly resulting in massive loss of offensive power
"The game" packs melee and ranged into the same formation and doesn't provide a way to order ranged and melee separately
Your troops will shoot YOU with the trebuchet....
AI defenders will sometimes have siege weapons even after all siege weapon were destroyed on the campaign map!
You can get stuck on/in the outside arrow refill platform! So can your troops!
Reinforcements enter and charge rather the obey the standing order of their group.
^now these are all big brain problems ?, I know full well the typical video game enjoyer just wants to ram guys up the ladder and won't even notice these problems. However for me it will still suck because I want too use good tactics! There's nothing satisfying about watching bots go up a ladder and bonk each other over and over.

There was a clear statement by a Taleworlds employee on each of the twenty-eight siege bug threads that were marked resolved.
I've been informed by the development team that the statement is the same they use in resolving all their bugs. It doesn't bring new information by itself beyond implying that something was fixed. A bot could post it, if told "resolve all issues with siege in it".
What is more suspicious is that some of the open issues had multiple complaints - there's no way they fixed them all, but they were resolved just the same.

Maybe they just copied the mod that fixes the siege tower bugs and called it a day? At least the timing is suspicious :grin:
I hope that's not the case.
As a mod it makes sense and a good temporary fix but as a final game design it is NOK.
The troops just use the ladders like zombies (makes me think about the movie Z or the game Days gone). And the worse thing is that the defense AI is oftenly overwhelmed by this unstoppable wave of brainless horde...

That's exactly what they would say if they were secretly copying the mod code.
You know perfectly well that modders can only change accessible C# code or use navmesh on ladders to trick the AI. They can't read or change the underlying C++ engine code. We need the Devs to do that. Given how irritated you become with disinformation posted by anti-vaxxers, I'm disappointed you're equally mischievous re Bannerlord.

You know perfectly well that modders can only change accessible C# code or use navmesh on ladders to trick the AI. They can't read or change the underlying C++ engine code. We need the Devs to do that. Given how irritated you become with disinformation posted by anti-vaxxers, I'm disappointed you're equally mischievous re Bannerlord.
It was a conspiracy joke dude. (I even know what's the nature of the underlying problem and agree with you how it needs to be fixed. It's ridiculous to think TW would copy the mod.)

Back
Top Bottom