In Progress Siege AI Defender Ladder Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: In many of the sieges I have defended, the AI only protects one of the two ladders or not at all. This allows troops to flow into the castle and usually open the gates. In some sieges there is an excess of troops standing in front of the gate while hardly any are on the walls. Occasionally an archer or two will agro to the troops climbing the ladder, but they are quickly killed.
How to Reproduce: Defend against a siege. Easiest in a town like Baltakhand.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 3.70GHz
RAM: 32.0GB Dual-Channel @ 1066MHz
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. Z390-A PRO (MS-7B9:cool: (U3E1)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD),
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (SATA)

In Battanian castles, like Flintolg Castle, no one defends the walls. The defenders all stand around in a large clump in the middle of the castle. This appears to be an unfinished battle scene.

In Battanian castles, like Flintolg Castle, no one defends the walls. The defenders all stand around in a large clump in the middle of the castle. This appears to be an unfinished battle scene.
I was able to take advantage of that. Climbed a ladder, killed the archers got on a tower and then used the arrow basket for unlimited ammo, and picked everyone off from up there. every now an then they group would send new archers to the wall positions I cleared. I took as well a couple spears that were aimed from below, but In general I could time my arrows to release just as they were lowering their shields. I did like 119 headshots... lol

Back
Top Bottom