MP [Siege] About morale of siege battle at the beginning 3 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Shiroin

Section Moderator
皮w蛋 posts this suggestion in the Chinese section.
I think it is solid, so I translated it and reposted it to see how you guys judge this suggestion.

A full siege match takes 30 minutes, and morale is the key to decide the game. When one side reduces to 0, the opposite side wins the game.

Morale reduces or not decide by the flags:
  • When attackers didn't capture a single flag, the morale keeps drop.
  • When attackers completely captured and removed a single flag, attackers receive three morale.
  • When defenders' G flag taken by the attackers, defenders' morale reducing quickly.
  • When defenders have wholly taken the G flag, the morale goes up.
So there is something irrational when the match starts. All the flags belong to defenders, while attackers don't own a single flag which causes morale retains reduce.

attackers need to do these things when the match starts:
  • Using trebuchets to destroying walls.
  • Protect trebuchets from defenders.
  • Moving rams to break down the front gate.
  • Moving siege tower.
  • Walk to the flag from spawn point, defeat the defenders around flags, and capture the flag.
But defenders only have two things to do from the starts:
  • Attack enemy by combat.
  • Attack enemy with ranged weapons.

So we can find if two sides have equal players numbers, attackers need to do far more things than defenders. The number of attacking flags is always less than the defenders' number, so it is difficult to capture and hold a flag for a while.

But if attackers didn't take a single flag entirely, that means remain losing morale. It always happens in the beginning stage. We can see most attackers cannot take a flag from the beginning or through by otherways to slow down morale reduction. When attackers are attacking the AB flag, morale is already reduced to 1-3, which means defenders can defeat attackers at any time; it is critical.

And the custom server will reboot from any match starts. Throughout five minutes of the warmup stage to start a game, I deem the gameplay is terrible.

I suggest securing the morale to the maximum value for both sides during the beginning 3 minutes. No reduction, no addition.

Last edited:
its more problem of map design tbh, like a lot of people try to carry/get up through siege tower on mp_siege_003 map at start of game, but its and ABSOLUTE deathtrap and i have never(ever!) seen an atacking team capture E or D through this tactic in start of game, so a lot of people are distracted on useless at start siegetower instead of pushing front flags (A and B) and they lose when game barely starts. I would rather recommend concentrating - locking atackers into 2 front flags an all maps, like a siege_007 does pretty well. Its really more of gamers psychology than a mode design problem

its more problem of map design tbh, like a lot of people try to carry/get up through siege tower on mp_siege_003 map at start of game, but its and ABSOLUTE deathtrap and i have never(ever!) seen an atacking team capture E or D through this tactic in start of game, so a lot of people are distracted on useless at start siegetower instead of pushing front flags (A and B) and they lose when game barely starts. I would rather recommend concentrating - locking atackers into 2 front flags an all maps, like a siege_007 does pretty well. Its really more of gamers psychology than a mode design problem
I agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom