Resolved Showing Mercy on your kingdoms taken fiefs cause negative relation to ally lord

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Blood Gryphon

Grandmaster Knight
Battannia took nevyansk castle from my kingdom (sturgian culture) and when I took it back my only choice was to show mercy (since its my culture). What surprised me was the -10 relation hit I took with my spouse, Urik, who was a sturgian. My guess is it's due to him being cruel? If it is, I think this relation hit only makes sense for other cultures fiefs and not same culture fiefs since your only choice is to show mercy.

1WU-r.jpg

I've been informed that this is intended. If the lords have the Cruel trait they don't like if we show mercy.
I get that but it really doesn’t make sense for fiefs of their culture because the only choice is to show mercy. Like you locked us into that decision, which means as the player I have to avoid ever retaking my cultures fiefs with cruel lords. This isn’t adding to gameplay at all.

You guys can’t actually think that makes sense...

ps it’s fine if it only works against different cultures fiefs, like if Urik was an empire lord.

I get that but it really doesn’t make sense for fiefs of their culture because the only choice is to show mercy. Like you locked us into that decision, which means as the player I have to avoid ever retaking my cultures fiefs with cruel lords. This isn’t adding to gameplay at all.

You guys can’t actually think that makes sense...

ps it’s fine if it only works against different cultures fiefs, like if Urik was an empire lord.
Agreed. The penalty doesn't make sense when there is no choice to be made. I think there has been a miscommunication here.
'Show Mercy' allows the winners to take over the settlement without causing too much harm to it or its inhabitants. While this is expected for settlements of one’s own faction culture, showing mercy to foreign settlements will cause unrest among the troops. Just as with the other choices, some nobles will approve or disapprove of the action.

So is it just cruel that brings a negative faction hit? I am going through all my lords now trying to make a list of nobles not to invite to my army because my goal is to take over the whole map. Doesn't make sense to ruin settlements and castles that i need my faction to defend and also have revolts because the peasants loyalty has been permanently put in a death spiral. Seems a bit over convoluted or convo-looted so to speak

Back
Top Bottom