Do you want NC to be hosted?

• Yes

Votes: 85 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 62 42.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Firunien said:
There was a nice tournament with 5v5s where each country could register as many teams as theyd like, this was fun and wouldnt exclude anybody from playing  ? :3

edit: here is a link to a team thread to give you a taste https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,287953.0.html

+1

OurGloriousLeader said:
what about a new game mode

NC Javby?

Fietta said:
Just because we've had a bad experience with the NC last year does not mean that we should get rid of it all together after 8 years. Some people might not like the 5v5 format but I and many other people enjoy it. Getting rid of a tournament which was considered the most important and most anticipated is ****. We're not forced to play the NC in Q1 anyways, we can easily play it where it fits in the year.

The last NC had its problems but that doesn't mean the NC format cannot be done properly. I would keep 8v8 but have it done faster. 

How about...
Announce 1 month ahead and keep to the rule that only teams that have tried to gather 8 committed players from the same nationality can form an alliance.
Allow the teams to play group stage matches in any order and give them 2 weeks to complete all matches.
Have QF's and semis in one week and the final the next week.

What about a parallel scramble tourney for anyone not playing in teh NC?

Firunien said:
There was a nice tournament with 5v5s where each country could register as many teams as theyd like, this was fun and wouldnt exclude anybody from playing  ? :3

edit: here is a link to a team thread to give you a taste https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,287953.0.html

+1

Firunien said:

+1

Also Austria and other smaller nations could take part then and we wouldn't have to give up cuz of lack of players like last year..  :roll:

5v5 means teams like BeNe won't exist (They both could make two 8 men teams if they tried hard enough but wanted the best players from both nations because of their massive egos), thus means that we'll all have a great time playing the game!

Firunien said:

+1

I think we should do the NC, but this way. Would be much more inclusive.

Fietta said:
5v5 means teams like BeNe won't exist (They both could make two 8 men teams if they tried hard enough but wanted the best players from both nations because of their massive egos), thus means that we'll all have a great time playing the game!

5v5 hopefully means teams like wales won't exist either now that they have no excuse to make a different team to avoid exclusion :smile:

[quote author=Aeronwen]
Announce 1 month ahead and keep to the rule that only teams that have tried to gather 8 committed players from the same nationality can form an alliance.
Allow the teams to play group stage matches in any order and give them 2 weeks to complete all matches.
Have QF's and semis in one week and the final the next week.

What about a parallel scramble tourney for anyone not playing in teh NC?
[/quote]
How would one check whether a team that wants to form alliance has tried to gather enough players of one nationality? If there is a possibility of exploiting the system, someone will.

Having to play 4 matches in two weeks in no particular order would make a lot of mess in teams' organisation, training matches would be a disaster, considering there would be 8 maps to master and everyone wanting to train a different map.

What I like though, is keeping tournaments as short as possible, two matches one weekend seems nice. Also, any kind of some backup tourney for those who can't participate in the main event is not the way to go imho, everyone wants to be where real stuff happens.

The EFL was fun for a bit but fizzled out somewhat after a couple of weeks. People seem to like it though and anyone willing to run it is welcome to use any rules, formatting etc from the one we ran.

Perhaps an Nations 5aSide alongside a EFL would be good then? Both casually enjoyable and if people want to try-hard the nation's 5-aside they can just skip the EFL.

Whilst I'm happy to offer assistance in setting up tournaments and give input on format and rules etc. I will be taking a break from direct involvement. So you'll need to find people to run it.

Deacon Barry said:
The EFL was fun for a bit but fizzled out somewhat after a couple of weeks. People seem to like it though and anyone willing to run it is welcome to use any rules, formatting etc from the one we ran.

Perhaps an Nations 5aSide alongside a EFL would be good then? Both casually enjoyable and if people want to try-hard the nation's 5-aside they can just skip the EFL.

Whilst I'm happy to offer assistance in setting up tournaments and give input on format and rules etc. I will be taking a break from direct involvement. So you'll need to find people to run it.
Someone take this offer please

Ciiges said:
Deacon Barry said:

Someone take this offer please

Back
Top Bottom