Should Thrusts be Buffed?

Should they be buffed

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Thrusts with swords feel so useless, as an inf main I pretty much stick to chops and slashes. For some reason the start up lag on the thrust animation is SO slow compared to the other attacks. I am guessing the animation is copy and pasted from the spear (which is also slow af). Chop off a couple frames of start up lag

you joking right? thrust from swords deals armor-piercing damage and about 1.5x-2x damage multiplier of swing damage, it can deal 50-80 damage to a most armored healthy units (heavy cavalry horses) in game

At the very least there should be a multiplier for backstabs. Sneaking up on an archer and thrusting with a sword into their back should deal massive damage if not an instant kill.

you joking right? thrust from swords deals armor-piercing damage and about 1.5x-2x damage multiplier of swing damage, it can deal 50-80 damage to a most armored healthy units (heavy cavalry horses) in game
No, I'm not joking but it feels like you are. Yeah it does pierce damage but what damage multiplier are you talking about??? And why are you thrusting a sword at cav? Plus how does making the start up animation have anything to do with sword effectiveness towards cav, they can get away fast enough since it wont rear the horse?

Thrusts for swords, yes. Close-range thrust for spears on foot, yes. Thrusts for spears at optimal range no, and definitely spears on horseback no.

In short, poll is too simple.

So I voted no, even though I agree that sword thrusts are under-powered (not in terms of damage, but in terms of being slower to recover from having being parried). Buffing thrusts across the board would make some already-OP things even more OP (I'm pointing at spears on horseback here, mostly).

lmao this is your brain on TDM
Maybe not with spears and lances as that's annoying as **** in TDM. But damn it feels good to stab an archer in the back, but you just risk missing compared to giving them a left right goodnight combo.

At the very least there should be a multiplier for backstabs. Sneaking up on an archer and thrusting with a sword into their back should deal massive damage if not an instant kill.
This is not Dark Souls lol.
Stabs usually deal more damage than slashes because pierce damage, the thing is stabbing/thrusting hitboxes are trash and sometimes very unreliable, you might see your stab go through enemy's head and do no damage.

I'm fine with how swords are performing but i believe spears should get a good buff to their thrusts, they are dealing roughly half the damage of a sword and they barely touch the enemy at close range so you need optimal distance and do only half damage? it's garbage even against cavalry when it should be much more deadly.

Thrusts are the hardest of all attacks because you actually have to aim and can easily miss, or glance and are generally slower than swings as the turn rate can't be abused as hard. They should be stronger (or faster) for both swords and spears imo.

Thrusts for swords, yes. Close-range thrust for spears on foot, yes. Thrusts for spears at optimal range no, and definitely spears on horseback no.

In short, poll is too simple.

So I voted no, even though I agree that sword thrusts are under-powered (not in terms of damage, but in terms of being slower to recover from having being parried). Buffing thrusts across the board would make some already-OP things even more OP (I'm pointing at spears on horseback here, mostly).
I should of stated in the title that i only meant to swords. I talk about it in the initial post only about swords, but not opposed to discussion of spear thrust speeds though. The poll is supposed to be only about sword thrusts, thats my bad on the name of it.

In reality, point beats the edge -- thrusting should be faster. Damage is okay as it is. However, as others have noted, spears thrusting at close range need to be nerfed because they can't get the wind-up and follow through to produce full damage, making this op and unrealistic.

No, I'm not joking but it feels like you are. Yeah it does pierce damage but what damage multiplier are you talking about??? And why are you thrusting a sword at cav? Plus how does making the start up animation have anything to do with sword effectiveness towards cav, they can get away fast enough since it wont rear the horse?
... it deals more damage on thrusts you know?
... because i do a thrusting aganist cav to deal a damage to enemy? thats kinda point of game you know, to kill enemy
you dont have to rear up horse to kill cavalry, you also can kill it just by dealing damage... a 2 good thrusts kills a man and 4-5 kills a heavy horse... or even less if enemy is wounded

Stabs in Warband could be a bit dodgy, so I'm not surprised there's been a change. They don't feel as good now, but I can't complain against the logic of slowing them down.

Infantry spear thrusts need to be buffed, though. For the purposes of balance against cavalry. Maybe something could be sorted out to make them less powerful against other infantry? But, as an infantry, I'd prefer to deal with that, rather than the meta be about throwing weapons and have spears be so underwhelming.

Here's some more information about attack animations:

Stabs in Warband could be a bit dodgy, so I'm not surprised there's been a change. They don't feel as good now, but I can't complain against the logic of slowing them down.

Infantry spear thrusts need to be buffed, though. For the purposes of balance against cavalry. Maybe something could be sorted out to make them less powerful against other infantry? But, as an infantry, I'd prefer to deal with that, rather than the meta be about throwing weapons and have spears be so underwhelming.

Here's some more information about attack animations:

bout' spear thrusts im sure that there is some miscalculation in some of spears (like long spears of heavy inf) where it deals good damage/doesn't glances only on perfect point of timing and deals jacks*it at other times of animation. I used to bring cavalry lance on ground battles and it works actually much better than a long spears, it deals good damage/does not glances through whole cycle of animation

Back
Top Bottom