should there be a cultural variety of armor and weapons in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
factions we see in bannerlord live middle part of the map, there might be china inspired faction somewhere we cant go to yet on the map,hell maybe there are klingons or little green man we dont know what is out there

maybe expansion,dlc or something will bring some more faction you never know

factions we see in bannerlord live middle part of the map, there might be china inspired faction somewhere we cant go to yet on the map,hell maybe there are klingons or little green man we dont know what is out there

maybe expansion,dlc or something will bring some more faction you never know
the doubt is Napoleonic wars takes place in the same universe or not

The Chinese factions are there. Its just way off the map on the east and you cannot see them.
This is just the summary of chinese medieval history that they were there but they never ever played a significant role in medieval history while only faction which had direct relations with them were Khuzaits, Mongols and Turks so perhaps they can be added as a far east faction has only connection to Khuzaits but i don't see any point doing such a thing. If more factions from Korea, Japan, India, Russia etc added then sure it would be both logical and amazing...

This is just the summary of chinese medieval history that there were there but they never ever played a significant role in medieval history while only faction which had direct relations with them were Khuzaits, Mongols and Turks so perhaps they can be added as a far east faction has only connection to Khuzaits but i don't see any point doing such a thing. If more factions from Korea, Japan, India, Russia etc added then sure it would be both logical and amazing...
Russia its sturgia

Look, we're just speculating here, let's say that is a fire pot, its effect on the game is too bad to be such, it would be more viable for it to be an explosive with black powder, which would have the same effect that the explosive does, in history the Mongols were responsible for spreading the black powder and getting it to Europe, and they had weapons with it and one of them was a kind of "grenade" that looks a lot like that, I can't tell you what the name is because neither I know, and as the game has kingdoms from different eras, wouldn't it be strange to find gunpowder there, because from what I remember in the warband there was no right? but there was a hidden file that contained Japanese armor and a pistol, which was with this pistol that they managed to make mods with firearms with its effects and in an old post on this forum, a man was able to find this in items_usages.xml

<!--<item_usage_set id="pistol" equip_action="act_equip_default" idle_action="act_stand_1h"crouch_idle_action="act_crouch_stand_1h"crouch_walk_action="act_crouch_walk_forward_1h" crouch_run_action="act_crouch_run_forward_1h"walk_action="act_walk_forward_1h" run_action="act_run_forward_1h" run_with_shield_action="act_run_forward_1h_with_shield"equip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/bow_equip"unequip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/bow_unequip"><usages><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_pistol" is_mounted="False" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_pistol" is_mounted="True" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /></usages></item_usage_set><item_usage_set id="musket" equip_action="act_equip_default" idle_action="act_stand_crossbow"crouch_idle_action="act_crouch_stand_crossbow"crouch_walk_action="act_crouch_walk_forward_staff" crouch_run_action="act_crouch_run_forward_staff"walk_action="act_walk_forward_staff" run_action="act_run_forward_staff"equip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/sword_equip" unequip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/sword_unequip"><usages><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_musket" is_mounted="False" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_musket" is_mounted="True" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /></usages></item_usage_set>-->

<item_usage_set id="musket" equip_action="act_equip_default" idle_action="act_stand_crossbow"crouch_idle_action="act_crouch_stand_crossbow"crouch_walk_action="act_crouch_walk_forward_staff" crouch_run_action="act_crouch_run_forward_staff"walk_action="act_walk_forward_staff" run_action="act_run_forward_staff"equip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/sword_equip" unequip_sound="event:/mission/combat/equip/sword_unequip"><usages><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_musket" is_mounted="False" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /><usage style="attack_any" ready_action="act_ready_musket" is_mounted="True" require_free_left_hand="False" strike_type="thrust" /></usages></item_usage_set>-->
I am a Warband player, and I know about the samurai armour and katana easter egg. The point is they are just easter eggs or designed for modders. There are no gunpowder weapons in Warband, and as far as I know, neither in Bannerlord yet which set even centuries before Warband. But let's just say your speculation is right, there is a gunpowder grenade in the game, which would extremely weird and overpowered, how would that justify adding a Chinese faction? There are people in the game, and according to a popular theory, homo sapiens come from Africa so we should have an African faction?

I am a Warband player, and I know about the samurai armour and katana easter egg. The point is they are just easter eggs or designed for modders. There are no gunpowder weapons in Warband, and as far as I know, neither in Bannerlord yet which set even centuries before Warband. But let's just say your speculation is right, there is a gunpowder grenade in the game, which would extremely weird and overpowered, how would that justify adding a Chinese faction? There are people in the game, and according to a popular theory, homo sapiens come from Africa so we should have an African faction?
Yeah why not ?

No, Sturgia is early Medieval Ukraine...
The Sturgians are based on the federation of city-states known as Kievan Rus, located in today's Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. Like many boomtowns, the Rus river cities attracted people from faraway lands. Predominantly Slavic communities were forming into states at a breakneck pace and borrowing institutions, religions, and ways of trade and war from their neighbours. Greek missionaries, Finnic foresters, Turkic and Iranian steppe tribes, and most famously the Varangian Norse all left their mark on the aesthetics of Russian art, arms and armour. We think the motifs and styles of Sturgian equipment – gilded and peaked helmets, furs and gold brocade, runes and gripping beasts and folk embroidery and Arabesques -- will make it some of the most spectacular in the game.

And not only for that reason, Africa, Egypt, Japan and any other nation, it would be a totally legal addition, I did not limit myself to saying that they should add China just because of the gunpowder, i'm talking about gunpowder because they asked about gunpowder nobody asked why they should add china in the game is a place where there is a great history just like in japan

Nice wikipedia copy and paste... you think people can't google it themselves? Also you should probably credit the sources you rip info from otherwise you might appear like a typical Chinese plagiarizing.

The center of the Kievan Rus kingdom was in modern Day Ukraine and their elites were Norsemen. So saying Sturgia = Russia like you did is flat out wrong and misleading; which are also typical Wumao traits.
its no wikipedia, Taleworlds told their inspiration for the bannerlord factions in the dev blogs.

Because it is a ridiculous logic, you can have these but you need more grounded arguments.

And I didn't see why not to add, I would like to know as well

Because it is a ridiculous logic, you can have these but you need more grounded arguments.
as a Warband player u know about the Undead, zendar, ghouls, the black armor, Dark Knights, plate one, and the Flintlock pistol

And not only for that reason, Africa, Egypt, Japan and any other nation, it would be a totally legal addition, I did not limit myself to saying that they should add China just because of the gunpowder, i'm talking about gunpowder because they asked about gunpowder nobody asked why they should add china in the game is a place where there is a great history just like in japan
I thought your argument was they should add China because China invented gunpowder and that is used in sieges, no? I just find that logic to be ... really weak. Granted many cultures have great history, but that does not necessarily mean that they can fit in the game setting.

as a Warband player u know about the Undead, zendar, ghouls, the black armor, Dark Knights, plate one, and the Flintlock pistol
They were introduced but removed later, why would they do that with an easter egg?

I thought your argument was they should add China because China invented gunpowder and that is used in sieges, no? I just find that logic to be ... really weak. Granted many cultures have great history, but that does not necessarily mean that they can fit in the game setting.
I want to know why not

How do those cheat and dev console items, that are NOT part of the regular game, equate to you demanding an entirely new faction in the game?

Why would we even have a Chinese faction before an Indian/Hindu one anyway? Or a Persian one? Or if the Khuzait are mongols why not a Turkish one? Or maybe they could do a Scythian one? Maybe the Far East in this world is Korean or Japanese?

Basically even if there was a new 'Eastern' faction it probably wouldn't be Chinese; or it wouldn't have to be. Honestly pretty much anything else would be so much more interesting. 3 kingdoms total war was the worst total war ever; so freaking boring.

I missed the early versions. I only started to play from a stable native version, some time before Warband. But as far as I remembered, all these fantasy stuff was scrapped from public native version of the game. So the devs clearly want to make a very history based game.

How do those cheat and dev console items, that are NOT part of the regular game, equate to you demanding an entirely new faction in the game?

Why would we even have a Chinese faction before an Indian/Hindu one anyway? Or a Persian one? Or if the Khuzait are mongols why not a Turkish one? Or maybe they could do a Scythian one? Maybe the Far East in this world is Korean or Japanese?

Basically even if there was a new 'Eastern' faction it probably wouldn't be Chinese; or it wouldn't have to be. Honestly pretty much anything else would be so much more interesting. 3 kingdoms total war was the worst total war ever; so freaking boring.
Your argument is basically "I don't want, because I don't like Chinese"

I missed the early versions. I only started to play from a stable native version, some time before Warband. But as far as I remembered, all these fantasy stuff was scrapped from public native version of the game. So the devs clearly want to make a very history based game.
And what would make the "flintlock pistol" or "strange armor" an easter egg?

its no wikipedia, Taleworlds told their inspiration for the bannerlord factions in the dev blogs.
There isn't a single faction in Bannerlord which is an exact copy of a nation rather they all are mixed and i meant a faction from Russia not Russians at all simply because there were no Russians back then!! Lets say they added a Chinese inspired faction to the east and a Japanese-Korean one to the further east and an Indian one to the south etc but north is left empty so they could add a Siberian-Russia inspired one there..

There isn't a single faction in Bannerlord which is an exact copy of a nation rather they all are mixed and i meant a faction from Russia not Russians at all simply because there were no Russians back then!! Lets say they added a Chinese inspired faction to the east and a Japanese-Korean one to the further east and an Indian one to the south etc but north is left empty so they could add a Siberian-Russia inspired one there..

They can do that, I just think it's strange that they didn't go so far in adding at least Japan to the game

I want to know why not
Eh... becasue this game is based on Medieval Europe? Simulating feudal life and warfare? Perhaps you have played too many mods to be a bit confused about the game setting, but the native has always been like this. Unless the devs change their visions in the future, which I think is not very likely, we would not see a Chinese or Japanese or Indian faction any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom