Should the class system stay for PVP modes.

Should the class system stay or should it be changed to a loadout system in PvP gamesmodes.

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

You mean the 3 times the playercount of Warband? If Bannerlord is dead, then what it makes Warband? 3 times dead?
Notice how you didn't even try and mention the multiplayer count pepelaugh

You never cared about facts tork.

Also if x3 overall playercount as opposed to warband is supposed to be mind blowing, i think you're wrong. Those are miserable numbers.

Tork living in denial

You mean the 3 times the playercount of Warband? If Bannerlord is dead, then what it makes Warband? 3 times dead?

Me playing competitive matches makes me a competitive player. Period. It's just in the definition. What is "competitive quality" I have no idea, never claimed to have one though.

I politely said you cannot speak on behalf of the competitive community because you are a bad player. You did horrible in those matches.

The current class system makes the game boring in the long term. There is no uniqueness, every player is the same and there is no place for "what if I try this" kind of mentality. I remember when our team won the Warband Nations Cup while I played every battle without shoes, just because I found it funny and I thought I would be 0.5%-1% quicker with my footwork than most players.

I would like to have as much customizability as possible.
For me personally, perfection would be:
- loadout system for weapons/armor/ammo
- character creation screen where players can set skills(e.g horse riding), attributes (e.g strength/agility), proficiencies (one-hand, polearms, archery, etc)
- perk system for custom abilities (e.g ability to crush through when you attack with very heavy and slow weapons e.g a maul).
Of course, you would have a default loadout/attributes/perks for beginners(archer, heavy inf, light inf, light-horseman, heavy-horseman), so they would not be turned off from that complex part of the game.

Modding-wise it would make everything more flexible and definitely make it easier to build more popular mods such as CRPG or Invasion.
Players would decide whether they want to be 15 str, 8 agility tanks with slow speed that can crush through light infantry or 16 agility, 7 str naked trolls that can barely hold heavy 2-hands.
That is how I imagined bannerlord would look like when they announced it years ago.

Captains mode should be the only mode with a Class System as it's the only mode where a Class System actually makes sense. Remove the Classes and Perks from Skirmish and the other modes so that the developers can focus on perfecting the balance for captain mode while at the same time all the competitive and casual skirmish players get their loadout system they wanted and both sides can be happy.

Short of completely making separate classes and perks for the two modes, removing the class system entirely from the PvP modes and leaving the class system for captains mode is the only other solution that I see to have a healthy MP community.

Attempting to balance Skirmish and Captain at the same time with the same Classes and the same Perks, is not a solution, and is not an acceptable notion.

Last edited:
I can pretty confidently say that the class system isn't the main issue stopping new people from playing, but the amount of trouble it seems to have caused TW itself in terms of balancing and creating new modes seems like they shot themselves in the foot.

It would be nice to have a customizable loadout and would make BL MP a bit more unique, however it's still likely that they'll never change that. It seems to be embedded really deep in their design and codebase now. If they're going for a class-based system though, they need a complete overhaul of the current system. For me personally, hardly any class have a unique play-style, there's just ****tier versions of ****ty classes. For instance the only heavy infantry that I'll even bother to pick is the Oathsworn, and then the Varyag which just feels like a ****tier oath sworn. The Menavlion Infantry or Voulgier are the two big dogs of 2handers, everything else is just a cheap knock-off. Other than those, I really only choose the peasant classes as they're almost fast and nearly fun to play, and all of the peasants bow down to the Battanian club and pike man. Not to say that there shouldn't be dominant classes, but there should be more nuance to each class.

I think if they're going to keep the class system, the Perk 1 slot for almost all infantry should be a wide selection of weaponry. You should be rewarded for doing well by being able to choose an armored, tankier class, but you shouldn't have to choose a bad weapon just to play as that class. While on the topic, I think each team should get a dedicated spear infantry class that has a high movement speed (spears are actually alright if you can outmanoeuvre your enemy, but become **** as classes like legionary)

All in all, loadout system would be much better. Probably won't happen, so at least fix the ****house class system.

Notice how you didn't even try and mention the multiplayer count pepelaugh

You never cared about facts tork.

Also if x3 overall playercount as opposed to warband is supposed to be mind blowing, i think you're wrong. Those are miserable numbers.

Tork living in denial
I don't know the Multi numbers, care to share? And x3 the playercount of Warband isn't dead, cus even Warband isn't dead. It's gonna be dead when nobody's gonna play it.

I politely said you cannot speak on behalf of the competitive community because you are a bad player. You did horrible in those matches.
Never did I speak on behalf of the competitive community, I merely stated facts. And the fact is that there are competitive tournaments going in BL as we speak. Whether or not I'm a bad player is irrelevant, although I disagree. And you were never polite to begin with, I highly doubt that you can even grasp the concept.

I don't know the Multi numbers, care to share? And x3 the playercount of Warband isn't dead, cus even Warband isn't dead. It's gonna be dead when nobody's gonna play it.
Exactly, you don't know the playercount for multiplayer. So you decided to look at the overall playercount which you know is made of a majority singleplayer users.

Stop misinterpreting data to advance your own points when you know they're false.

Never did I speak on behalf of the competitive community, I merely stated facts. And the fact is that there are competitive tournaments going in BL as we speak. Whether or not I'm a bad player is irrelevant, although I disagree. And you were never polite to begin with, I highly doubt that you can even grasp the concept.

You did not state any fact, your skewed perception on what is a successful multiplayer is far off reality. The player numbers do not lie, however, and it clearly shows that it has failed TW's expectations on both casual and competitive level. Most competitive clans believe the game is ass whether you like it or not. Regarding your competitive career, did you not go 1-6 against Argentum's team last week? Failing to even score a kill on each round.

Bring back class system like warband. We need warband loadout.

I want play without helmets or naked I want to see my player face+ my friends to see me.
What's the point to make so realistic the character customisation like like to make different eyes colour or face paint or tooth's and smiles etc IF I can't see my face because I can't remove the helmets?? what's the point to spend hours developing and design the "character customisation" if I can't show my face if I make it looks like how I want if I can't show it to my friends or to me ??

+ what's the point to spend 120 coins to buy my class ? I want play as archer why I must pay to buy my archer class??? and if I die I downgrade to infantry class ?? I want to play MY class for free !!! but if I want upgrade my class like heavy archer etc then to pay!! but the recruit archers or infantry or cavalry make it for free to use it and not downgrade and going to infantry if every time I die as archer and going back to infantry!!!

At least bring back old loadout the warband loadout !!!
90% of your community want this don't disappointed them !!!!

+ I want answers what's the point to make so realistic my character face if I can't see it or show it to my friends!?!?! cause can't remove the helmets!

Last edited:
Class system sucks. It sucks because weaker classes are designed to be crap and the game punishes people by forcing them to play as crap unit when they make a mistake (instead of rewarding them when they succeed). Playing as crap unit is not fun at all, being punished by game system for a lack of skill is not fun either, and people play videogames precisely to have fun (surprise Talewords!). So I'm not that surprised that playerbase is not growing.

In Warband you had more choice. If you knew that you suck at bloking, you could put all money in the table into good shield right at the beginning of the game. You could choose the playstyle that suites you. Bannerlord forces a certain playstyle by putting you in a shoes of a unit that you might not like at all.

Though, I can agree that classes suit captain mode. And should remain only there. This could also help balancing gamemodes differently.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom