Should screenshot heavy post be forced on spoiliers?

Should screenshot heavy post be forced on spoiliers?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

DarkAnd

Sergeant Knight at Arms
1st: I searched, couldn't find anything but a topic talking about spoilers shouldn't be heavily used for useless things like this:
sucker
2nd I personally think that people whit slow internet suffers from screenshoot heavy posts like mod topics and others, I suggest that posts whit five or more screenshots should be put on a spoiler.
3rd I am not referring to screenshots topics.

Maybe in general forum, but NOT in the mod forums or the Screenshot thread. I can't think of anything more annoying.

When I click on a thread bragging about being screenshot heavy, I want to see them, dangit! Same with the Screenshots thread in the town square. If you don't want to have to see them, don't click the thread.

Besides, images within spoilers are still automatically loaded by the browser. So sticking them in spoilers won't help with anything other than (slightly) tidying up and shortening the thread view.

Llew2 said:
Maybe in general forum, but NOT in the mod forums or the Screenshot thread. I can't think of anything more annoying.

When I click on a thread bragging about being screenshot heavy, I want to see them, dangit! Same with the Screenshots thread in the town square. If you don't want to have to see them, don't click the thread.
I am talking about all screnshots in a single spoiler.
Janus said:
Besides, images within spoilers are still automatically loaded by the browser. So sticking them in spoilers won't help with anything other than (slightly) tidying up and shortening the thread view.
Now my post doesn't makes sence, anyway has vil said, if you already hade seen them you can just don't click the spoiler.

I personally think that people whit slow internet suffers from screenshoot heavy posts like mod topics and others

After a little while I generally move my screenshots to the first page of my mod. Maybe that could be encouraged more? I certainly wouldn't support spoiler enforcement on the first page of a mod, and if modders are encouraged to move pics to their first post it really negates the need for spoiler enforcement. I also strongly oppose the use of spoilers in the Dream Women thread. Other than that spoilers don't bother me.

Redcoat - Mic said:
I'd rather have to scroll for slightly longer than have to bloody click those buttons to see a picture of a half naked woman or a ****e punchline.
I  like wen people understand me.
I am not talking about this:
mb1in8.jpg
mb2ku2.jpg
mb3wp7.jpg
mb4cw6.jpg
mb5qq4.jpg
mb6yu0.jpg
I am talking about this.
mb1in8.jpg

mb2ku2.jpg

mb3wp7.jpg

mb4cw6.jpg

mb5qq4.jpg

mb6yu0.jpg

Zaro said:
I personally think that people whit slow internet suffers from screenshoot heavy posts like mod topics and others

After a little while I generally move my screenshots to the first page of my mod. Maybe that could be encouraged more? I certainly wouldn't support spoiler enforcement on the first page of a mod, and if modders are encouraged to move pics to their first post it really negates the need for spoiler enforcement. I also strongly oppose the use of spoilers in the Dream Women thread. Other than that spoilers don't bother me.
The dream woman thread is a screenshots thread.  :roll:

DarkAnd said:
The dram woman thread is a screenshots thread.  :roll:

If you had been in there lately you would realise that it's now full of 'spoiler' tags, and perhaps you wouldn't have replied with the attitude.

If downloading a page takes too long you can just lower "Messages to display per page".

The only thing I want is for people with high resolution (more than 1024 x 768 - such as me)
to make their images smaller so everyone can see them on their screen.

Other than that, these spoilers are just annoying and they might lose their
purpose, since you see them everywhere - and just open them mindlessly.
(And as Janus said, the spoiler content is still loaded. It serves no purpose other than for ... spoilers  :neutral:).

Zaro said:
DarkAnd said:
The dram woman thread is a screenshots thread.  :roll:

If you had been in there lately you would realise that it's now full of 'spoiler' tags, and perhaps you wouldn't have replied with the attitude.
I saw it, I now feel badly for unleashing a uncontrolable monster on the world ready to kill anyone who oposes against it :oops:

Back
Top Bottom