Should Perks be ingame ?

Users who are viewing this thread

S01DIER

Wanted to start this thread and talk about the perk system and what it does in game and what it really means.

Competievely speaking I dont see how anyone can support the perk system. It crates an artificial barrier and changes how you veiw your ingame success. Your ingame experiences should not be affected by what perks you use but instead be more reliant on your skill with the items that you use.

1 way to spot this is by playing a infantry class and getting on a horse you just happen to find ingame. Right away you are met with an artificial barrier because 1. Your slower then other cav units. 2. becasue you dont have the perks that cav players have you will not be as effective.

Your ingame sucess should be only based on your skill with said item instead of what perks you use.

Wanted to start this thread and talk about the perk system and what it does in game and what it really means.

Competievely speaking I dont see how anyone can support the perk system. It crates an artificial barrier and changes how you veiw your ingame success. Your ingame experiences should not be affected by what perks you use but instead be more reliant on your skill with the items that you use.

1 way to spot this is by playing a infantry class and getting on a horse you just happen to find ingame. Right away you are met with an artificial barrier because 1. Your slower then other cav units. 2. becasue you dont have the perks that cav players have you will not be as effective.

Your ingame sucess should be only based on your skill with said item instead of what perks you use.
Alright so are you suggestion to remove perks or adjusting them?

Alright so are you suggestion to remove perks or adjusting them?
Not suggesting on what or how to fix but I feel there needs to be a real discussion on what they're trying to make here. I look at perks as more of a arcade type of play style. I personally think that the game be much more better if perks werent a thing and maybe you could choose your own load outs. The only thing that should be regulated is how much damage/speed each item does.

Make all player decisions universals from cav to no cav to sword or spear. The players skill with said item will dictate how good he/she is and not perks

Perks take away from anyone who is trying to play competitively because its more of a artificial barrier under cretin circumstances. Game should be about how good the player is and not what perks they use.

Perks/Balance does not go hand in hand. every player in the field should have the same opportunity.
Balance = Even playing field
Perks= Advantage
Good Game= Player driven/player skill/ Player content
Bad Game= Some classes better then others because of perks. This alone changes the whole thing up and its no longer about how the player uses his items but how he uses his perks.

You are very TOXIC. No one asked you to comment on this thread so how about you try and be a bit nicer

This thread wasn't enough?

The amount of (useless) threads you make is high for a lad who is mental.
not nice sir. If that is the case then all threads are useless

Last edited:
Well funnily enough, I was about to post a perk thread lol.

But here was my suggestion:

Having the perks to only focus on the weapons attribute, rather than the actual character, if that makes sense? For example, have three perks:

Perk 1) type of weapon / bow/ xbow/ horse- axe, mace, sword, lobg bow, short bow, heavy xbow light xbow, agility horse etc. (Of course depending on the class)

Perk 2) stats - either size, speed, handling etc. (Longer weapon = slower speed = deals more damage) (shorter weapon = faster speed = low in damage) etc. Same with other weapons and horses. These perks should have both pros and cons

Perk 3) secondary perks depending on class - could be, add shield, add more armour, another weapon etc.

Now ik that some of these perks are in game already, but I think it'll work for balancing. So instead of enhancing the character, only enhancing the weapon. Cause imagine if I had some perk that enhances the character (say swing speed), I can pick up any weapon and still have that same speed? I might be wrong though, haven't tested it tbh lol, but just a thought. Also I think this way it'll make new players have an understanding of what the perks do. Could have a quick pros and cons for each perks 1-3.

Back
Top Bottom