Should new clans spawn in the game when death is enabled?

Should new clans eventually spawn in the game as old clans die?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It increases as they do stuff, I think they gain renown with same mechanics as player clan (not 100% sure). They have a starting level but by late game more are high tier. Wanderer clans made by the player level up too.

Thanks, so if that's the case, a newly generated clan still represents a loss to the kingdom if the clan eliminated was higher than tier 3.

Thanks, so if that's the case, a newly generated clan still represents a loss to the kingdom if the clan eliminated was higher than tier 3.
Depends. The new clan has 3-4 members. The dead clan might have been down on 1 member a long time. Even a T6 clan with one member only I'd consider weak.

It isn't more repetition for people who want to kill everyone that I worry about. It is putting people who play the game without going all-in on executions who will feel like nothing they accomplish matters. Because if an AI clan dying off is (immediately or not) undone by raising a new AI clan, then the only way to have a visible impact is through executing everyone. In fact, it might just encourage that behavior even more with a cooldown because you hit -100 relations pretty quickly executing people because all the clans are there. But with a cooldown you'll have to wait awhile and these new clans are going to poof into existence without having been around for the murder-spree.

Sure, sometimes they might be a bit hostile, but it is nothing like -100 (possibly lower, actually; I think BL might cut-off the display even when it is -101 or lower).
You make a fair point against this. I wonder how it could be implemented as to not make the player feel like their actions don't matter.
New clans could always start at low tier, so if you manage to kill off a few high tier clans from a kingdom, you may feel a sense of progress. But then again, as @Tryvenyal pointed out, high tier clans can be weak as well if they only have one or a few clan members left.

I guess my main point is that if we have death and dynasty, there needs to be some form of replenishment, otherwise a long game may end undramatically through clans just disappearing.

You make a fair point against this. I wonder how it could be implemented as to not make the player feel like their actions don't matter.
New clans could always start at low tier, so if you manage to kill off a few high tier clans from a kingdom, you may feel a sense of progress. But then again, as @Tryvenyal pointed out, high tier clans can be weak as well if they only have one or a few clan members left.

I guess my main point is that if we have death and dynasty, there needs to be some form of replenishment, otherwise a long game may end undramatically through clans just disappearing.

New clans won’t appear for a kingdom if they do not have the fiefs to hand to them. So if you’re crushing a kingdom and they’re losing fiefs, new clans won’t appear because the remaining clans will have probably only have 1 each.

New clans won’t appear for a kingdom if they do not have the fiefs to hand to them. So if you’re crushing a kingdom and they’re losing fiefs, new clans won’t appear because the remaining clans will have probably only have 1 each.
Indeed and that is good.

I wonder if TaleWorlds has something like this feature in their plans. They should have if they want the game to be able to go on for dynastic gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom