Should I start a new beta 1.4.3 playthrough now?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a full time job and a newborn baby, so when I get some gameplay time, I want it to be good. With this new beta hot fix today, 8/6/20, should I start a new game?

Yep 1.4.3 is the first time I've gotten my kingdom to the point its at, taken over sturgia. Been having a blast with it and although there have been some significant bugs, which just got hotfixed, none of them have been game breaking. Also holy **** they improved the performance, I can now run the game at a stable 165 fps (except for sieges).

Yep 1.4.3 is the first time I've gotten my kingdom to the point its at, taken over sturgia. Been having a blast with it and although there have been some significant bugs, which just got hotfixed, none of them have been game breaking. Also holy **** they improved the performance, I can now run the game at a stable 165 fps (except for sieges).
Thanks, can’t wait until 4 o’clock

I would suggest to wait for a bit as there might be some minor bugs with the UI with regards to appointment of roles to characters. At least that had been my experience and I've seen it reported by others as well .It is not a major gamebreaking bug, but for the mid-late game it will definetly be a let down if you cannot make your awesome brother a party leader after he once gets captured&released.

In terms of balance of game, it seems a ton better now.

I would suggest to wait for a bit as there might be some minor bugs with the UI with regards to appointment of roles to characters. At least that had been my experience and I've seen it reported by others as well .It is not a major gamebreaking bug, but for the mid-late game it will definetly be a let down if you cannot make your awesome brother a party leader after he once gets captured&released.

In terms of balance of game, it seems a ton better now.
The brother thing has been fixed with the hotfix, even on a save where they were bugged.

I have a full time job and a newborn baby, so when I get some gameplay time, I want it to be good. With this new beta hot fix today, 8/6/20, should I start a new game?
Nope, not much has changed. Still some minor improvements here and there, some major bugs here and there. Wait.

The AI is still dumb and most of the stuff you expect to work after 2 months are still placeholders.

If you play for the main quest then you have a major improvment. If you play for the sandbox game which needs a "smart" AI, nope.

Maybe come back in 2-3 months.

Wait some time more. The game is currently enjoyable and a lot of issues have been fixed, plus we have got some small new things, but snowballing is still there and some core features about diplomacy are still missing.

I’ve been enjoying 1.4.3 a lot! The performance is immensely better than anything so far, play is fun particularly if you are playing casually for a bit here and there, which sounds like it might be the case for you. Take a look at Bannerlord Perks to save frustration on knowing what is implemented vs not yet. I think the variety of play styles is much more limited due to the relatively few perks that are finished. I’m excited to see where the game goes, but it is definitely playable as long as you understand that there are clearly items still not implemented.

Congrats on the baby! got one on the way myself. I would say that if you're someone who mods the game then 1.4.2 is definitely vastly superior due to have a lot of useful working mods (like the community patch). If you're not then it's up to you, 1.4.3 does have some big bugs still and you may still even discover some that aren't listed and whether that's worth it is up to you.

The pinned thread https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/🔔-alpha-beta-branches-feedback.416423/ is useful for seeing the state of current branches. 1.4.3 certainly isn't just the better branch.

Thanks you guys for the comments, I’m starting me a new game but keeping my expectations to a mininum, I really don’t want to become another troll on these forums

Thanks you guys for the comments, I’m starting me a new game but keeping my expectations to a mininum, I really don’t want to become another troll on these forums
My suggestion for early game is dont upgrade your men past tier 3 and dont get any companions other than traders to start caravans and only get them when you have the 15k to spend on making one, otherwise you have a hard time getting income daily and be stuck in the negative fighting for survival

I wanted to post this question myself several times, but I immediately realized I know the answer myself. It will take lot of time to get this game in some meaningful state.

My suggestion for early game is dont upgrade your men past tier 3 and dont get any companions other than traders to start caravans and only get them when you have the 15k to spend on making one, otherwise you have a hard time getting income daily and be stuck in the negative fighting for survival

I don't agree with any of this except limiting companion count.

I rushed legionaires and killed looters with a small band until I could take on deserters. The Train Troops quests pay quite well for early game so i mostly used those for income and refused payment on deserter quests. Also did like 3 tournaments to get myself gear.

I hit 200k with having had no workshops/caravans/fiefs and not having done any smithing. The only time I've really hemorrhaged money is joining sieges to train my engineering.

Honestly b1.4.3 is really starting to come together. It still isn't finished; the missing perk list is pretty sad but the game is pretty stable and you will have a blast playing as long as you accept it is still EA. Give it 2-3 more months and I think the SP will be in a really good place - they are definitely on track for release (no matter what some whiners on this forum may say).

MP is a little more tricky... I do think v1.5.0 is going to really get that going but we will wait and see...

Give it 2-3 more months and I think the SP will be in a really good place - they are definitely on track for release
Largely agree with this. The one caveat is that their AI stuff still needs a lot of work. Pathfinding behavior for sure but also better battle command variation and campaign behavior.

Largely agree with this. The one caveat is that their AI stuff still needs a lot of work. Pathfinding behavior for sure but also better battle command variation and campaign behavior.
Agreed but A.I. is a very tricy area. And every new feature you add into the game messes it up again. You need look no further then the total war series for the perfect example of how A.I. can be all over the place. That's not an excuse - but it's worth thinking about.

Back
Top Bottom