Should I get stuck in the opening battle if I win?

Users who are viewing this thread

k61824

Veteran
I am somehow stuck in the opening battle after I defeated all enemies and I can't leave the battle area.  I can't even jump into water to progress the story  :neutral:
Someone didn't check the remote possibility of people actually winning fights  :mad:

Yeah seriously how is it possible to win that? Your character has bad stats and terrible equipment and you are outnumbered by Vikings with chainmail...

ok, my imported self won that.  But still, that didn't change the fact that you need to check for cases like these.

k61824 said:
ok, my imported self won that.  But still, that didn't change the fact that you need to check for cases like these.

Well if you win that battle then you have already killed the guy that is the main nemesis in the story and you have already rescued your mother which is like the whole point so if they let you win what kind of story would it be?

TIDM2 said:
k61824 said:

Well if you win that battle then you have already killed the guy that is the main nemesis in the story and you have already rescued your mother which is like the whole point so if they let you win what kind of story would it be?
The point is that the kill list does not involve the main villain (recent messages) just like in the village rescue.  Yes your mother would lay there unconscious but it can be just as easy for people to steal your boat with all the bodies while you are onboard another ship fighting reinforcements, through a cutscene (like they do for a lot of other things) or something (they have more guys so can row/navigate faster than you). 

Speaking of which, the Places where you are supposed not to win is very poorly done such as Sven vs Harald at sea.  Sometimes I have to kill everyone and cutscene still wont trigger and some other times cutscene pops up right when I land the first hit on enemy (I wasn't fleeing in either case).

Meanwhile in Native I have never encountered a feature where cheating/importing will get things triggered differently if the battle results are the same.

I do see your point, however I think it would be a lot more legitimate if you won the fight without importing a character or cheating in anyway. Typically most developers don't support cheating in their games. It is more of a "use at your own risk" type of thing. While I suppose importing a character couldn't totally be called cheating, I assume you gave yourself some overpowered stats to be able to defeat all the vikings.

The developers obviously made the battle so stacked in the vikings favor that they knew any player legitimately starting off and playing normally would not have a chance at winning the fight. I am not trying to condemn importing a character of whatever, I just think that it is a fairly inconsequential thing to complain about when you can simply lose the fight and then import your character afterwards. Also Native does not rely on story at all really, whereas Viking Conquest, at least its story mode, relies fairly heavily on story, so comparing the two isn't really right.

Overall my point is that I don't think the developers are really obligated to make completely separate outcomes for certain situations when players cheat. If you managed to win the fight fair and square then yes I would agree with you.

I think someone else in VC support post also has similar problems.  I am not exactly sure whether that's skill or luck or cheat in his case however.  Perhaps it can be won eventually if enough people try really hard with all sorts of tricks (which will promptly be labelled as exploits I guess).

This is like one of the biggest problems in RPGs with cases you aren't supposed to win but they did not use cutscenes or put super stats on your enemy to make sure you lose.  People gets creative and somehow beat the enemy and then they get stuck as a reward.

I tested this.for run and won with a fresh char on my 7th attempt. Mostly through luck because 1 of the soldiers on our ship went down and I stole his weapon then back killed an enemy for his and a shield.

It is possible just requires extreme luck.

mesor said:
I tested this.for run and won with a fresh char on my 7th attempt. Mostly through luck because 1 of the soldiers on our ship went down and I stole his weapon then back killed an enemy for his and a shield.

It is possible just requires extreme luck.

Lol, you should upload a video about this.

I will look at next patch.

Testing with 1.01 beta feels like you are killing zombies  :shock: rather than vikings.  I am sure that is supposed to be the intended behaviour.

mesor said:
...  won with a fresh char on my 7th attempt.
wpZt0.gif

CeltiberoCaesar said:
Hi all,

You should NOT win the battle xD

Yes,  I think it is fixed with 1.01 by making it into some sort of zombie slaughtering thriller on a boat.  :mrgreen:  Well played.

k61824 said:
I am somehow stuck in the opening battle after I defeated all enemies and I can't leave the battle area.  I can't even jump into water to progress the story  :neutral:
Someone didn't check the remote possibility of people actually winning fights  :mad:

You did not win.

You think you did.

The truth is that you got hit in the head and now you are in a coma.

If you wait a few months you should wake up near a medic in a remote village.

For now you are just dreaming... dreaming that you did the impossible... and that your mother is safe. Its a dream. Just a dream.  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom