Should i clear out extra Gang leaders in my towns? Will merchants/artisans replace them if i do?

Users who are viewing this thread

It makes the other gang leader and notables like you more, but I think it takes some time for the second gang leader to go away. I don't think you automatically get a new notable but it uses the...... I don't remeber.... town do good long time = more notables, but I don't know if getting rid of the gang leader actively helps you get more non-gang leaders or not.

I don't tuch them because historically both the "rival gang" and attacking thugs on your own causes me lots of crashes, so I just ignore them.

I always ASS-U-ME-D gangs would steal merchants $$$ and you'd need to get rid of them ... but I think that's wrong.

Gangs OWN water-fronts, Back-streets, shops etc etc so .... ????????

It happened that - for some reason lol - I killed a gang leader with the console command, well , he or she was immediately replaced with another NPC of the same kind : gang leader

I always ASS-U-ME-D gangs would steal merchants $$$ and you'd need to get rid of them ... but I think that's wrong.

Gangs OWN water-fronts, Back-streets, shops etc etc so .... ????????
I hope in the future they flesh it out a bit more.
It happened that - for some reason lol - I killed a gang leader with the console command, well , he or she was immediately replaced with another NPC of the same kind : gang leader
Interesting, thanks for the info :smile:

Gang system is not really implemented.
To resume what kind of interaction gang leader offers currently:
  • Issues for easy money early game
  • Allow troop recruitment
  • Buy workshops
  • Support town owner clan
You can't remove them definitely, the game will create a new one the next day in case they die or disappear (if really low power).
They get power through the workshop and common areas they own and when supportive of current town owner.
More power means higher level of troops to recruit.
Attacking thugs (working perfectly) in town allow you to increase your relation with other NPC than the gang leader ruling that area (s.he will lose it btw) and has other effects that I didn't really pay attention to.
There is a lot of potential left there. Best scenario is they polish it and implement it before official release... Worst scenario is they keep it for a future DLC...

Gang system is not really implemented.
To resume what kind of interaction gang leader offers currently:
  • Issues for easy money early game
  • Allow troop recruitment
  • Buy workshops
  • Support town owner clan
You can't remove them definitely, the game will create a new one the next day in case they die or disappear (if really low power).
They get power through the workshop and common areas they own and when supportive of current town owner.
More power means higher level of troops to recruit.
Attacking thugs (working perfectly) in town allow you to increase your relation with other NPC than the gang leader ruling that area (s.he will lose it btw) and has other effects that I didn't really pay attention to.
There is a lot of potential left there. Best scenario is they polish it and implement it before official release... Worst scenario is they keep it for a future DLC...
Yeah, so if i don't like the recruitment tree they offer and they have low power, it might be worth it. Relationship gain and a brand new gang leader that doesn't hate you sounds tempting.
They probably won't look at this any time soon but who knows.
Thanks, really appreciate the well written response!

Yeah, so if i don't like the recruitment tree they offer and they have low power, it might be worth it. Relationship gain and a brand new gang leader that doesn't hate you sounds tempting.
They probably won't look at this any time soon but who knows.
Thanks, really appreciate the well written response!
Troop tree doesn't really change from one leader to another, it is linked with town leader faction.
From recruitment perspective, you need to aim a high relation (more slots) and a powerful NPC (higher level).
So yeah if the relation is really negative and power really low, you may clear the areas s.he owns, buy out her/his workshop to negatively impact the power and increase the chance s.he gets swapped.
The thugs fight (2 phases) is not that bad and the loot is quite nice too.

Troop tree doesn't really change from one leader to another, it is linked with town leader faction.
From recruitment perspective, you need to aim a high relation (more slots) and a powerful NPC (higher level).
So yeah if the relation is really negative and power really low, you may clear the areas s.he owns, buy out her/his workshop to negatively impact the power and increase the chance s.he gets swapped.
The thugs fight (2 phases) is not that bad and the loot is quite nice too.
This sounds like a fun thing to do if i have nothing else that needs doing :smile:
Thank you for the valuable info!

Not sure I understood well : can we eliminate some gang leaders?
I mean by killing them during quests?

I'm not fond of their quests since they happen to lower relation with merchants/artisans/rivals... so I have not tried these quest a lot and I am a bit unschooled on this matter :smile:

No you can not.
Though it happened to me that a gang leader died in the fight linked with the issue "Rival gang moving in" and resulted in a CTD (even reported it and they fixed it).
But what you can do is to reduce the power of a gang leader (attack the thugs in the town areas s.he owns and buy out any workshop s.he may own as well).
After reaching a certain low level of power, the gang leader may leave the town (just removed from the campaign) and a new one will come (or not, depends on town prosperity).

I am just wondering if it is worth it to clear them out, do they actually leave or will the same person come back but now he hates you?
I don't think the gang leader have anything to do with town prosperity
Let's face it, gang is not trying to disrupt business, with gang or without gang, town will still grow over time
High Loyalty probably give more bonus to prosperity.

you can even recruit more slots if you have high relationship with gang leader
I remember one of the skill trait is about gang leader can give you more recruiting slots

Let's face it, gang is not trying to disrupt business, with gang or without gang, town will still grow over time

I remember one of the skill trait is about gang leader can give you more recruiting slots
Gang leader will not impact propserity but prosperity level decides the number of notables to spawn in town (artisans, merchants and gang leaders).

The reason i asked is because some of my towns have 3 merchants some have 3 gang leaders, if i had to choose, i would prefer more merchants for the perk that gives bonus to gaining relations with them and if along the way me clearing the gangs makes everyone else happy then it a win win.
I am just trying to enjoy the game as is right now, till things get fleshed out, there is so much potential to roguery and i am so happy they looked at it a bit by adding the prison break. I hope they look at it again soon because it is a fun aspect of the game :smile:

Not sure I understood well : can we eliminate some gang leaders?
I mean by killing them during quests?

I'm not fond of their quests since they happen to lower relation with merchants/artisans/rivals... so I have not tried these quest a lot and I am a bit unschooled on this matter :smile:
One day i hope we can appoint a companion to be a gang leader <3

Back
Top Bottom