Should Bannerlord be more advanced ?

Should Bannerlord be more advanced ?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

In my opinion, this game's main themes are for amateurs and it won't attract the mainstream with it's simplicity and being new player friendly. Therefore, devs should prioritize pleasing their fan base, because if the game is good at what it's supposed to be, new players will come by themselves.

Thanks!
I agree that it used to be "kinda" niche and that if it were a real RPG with a lot of deeper mechanics it might scare away some people... but it would also have a really strong playerbase behind it no matter what. The casuals a "simpler" game attract will probably never buy a sequel, or engage in multiplayer for a longer period of time. Hell, they will probably never ever complete a campaign...

Guys are too caught up in semantics- obviously the sentiment is a desire for more fleshed out mechanics is what is meant by complexity. That’s a desire by just about everyone short of the psychopants here. Yeah but keep squabbling over terms like the rabble that you are while the devs Lambo the south of France laughing at y’all’s

Guys are too caught up in semantics- obviously the sentiment is a desire for more fleshed out mechanics is what is meant by complexity. That’s a desire by just about everyone short of the psychopants here. Yeah but keep squabbling over terms like the rabble that you are while the devs Lambo the south of France laughing at y’all’s
I've given up on the game. Does that make me ahead of the curve?

Shortening a chocolate is another way to raise its price. So both the lesser size and higher price are actual price rises and not cutting corners.
In game terms, less content and shorter games for a normal game price is also a stealthy price rise. It's not necessary that quality suffers, but the bang for your buck includes less banging.
first of all, i'm comparing a product to another product. one is bigger and cheaper, the other is more expansive and smaller, they both taste the same. which one would you prefer? what if i told you, the "worse" one came at a later date? thus meaning their product quality has degraded overtime. despite their profits leading to greater economy of scale. their reputation automatically selling without the need for as much marketing?
the reason they kept "increasing the prices" is because of their need to increase profits, and disregard for product quality and customer satisfaction on a large scale. (of course their sneaky attempts at progressively inching up the price and reducing the size is to hide this very fact from plain view as to not incur an outrate reducing their sales)

but when it comes to games. you also forgot Early Releases, paid DLCs, Expansions, "pay to win" scenarios, and the more and more frequent, promise this but deliver that... not to mention the general buggy experience for the 2-4 weeks at launch.

This is not always the case. An example is Supreme Commander 2, which arguably killed the franchise, as it was very much a "dumbed down" game. It had the worst of both worlds, it failed to pick up enough new players and alienated its long term fans.
The SupCom franchise is dead because conventional base-building RTS games are dead.

This is actually a very good question: would Bannerlord kill the Mount and Blade franchise?

I think that there has been quite a bit of negativity on the forums - and some of it I feel is justified.

Would that translate into sales on release? I don't know. We also don't know if Taleworlds plans on releasing DLC to polish up the game.

Would that translate into sales on release? I don't know. We also don't know if Taleworlds plans on releasing DLC to polish up the game.
We know this! Release sales would be pitiful until the DLCs arrive, and they are planned. It depends how attractive are those DLCs - every DLC needs to be about Vikings and they will sell..
The question is when they announce M&B3 how many people would be excited about it? And when they open Early Access again, how many will buy it? There will be less hype from the people burned on Bannerlord, but there's also a sucker born every minute, so...

We know this! Release sales would be pitiful until the DLCs arrive, and they are planned. It depends how attractive are those DLCs - every DLC needs to be about Vikings and they will sell..
The question is when they announce M&B3 how many people would be excited about it? And when they open Early Access again, how many will buy it? There will be less hype from the people burned on Bannerlord, but there's also a sucker born every minute, so...
Considering all the people on this forum who look at 2016/2017-era promotional material and get hyped all over again, I'm thinking generating hype for M&B3 will be just as easy as it was before, in only two easy steps.

1) Make epic-looking siege video.
2) That's literally it.

What would M&B3 even be like? We got Bannerlord because there was a new generation of realistic graphic, and Warband was still behind. What will be the next trigger? Free to play semi-singleplayer semi-multiplayer battle royale Mount and Blade with lootbox cosmetics monetization?

What would M&B3 even be like? We got Bannerlord because there was a new generation of realistic graphic, and Warband was still behind. What will be the next trigger? Free to play semi-singleplayer semi-multiplayer battle royale Mount and Blade with lootbox cosmetics monetization?
These belong to the current Bannerlord generation of games, as well as Bannerlord VR, even before they fix the sieges. :smile:
I don't think there's a hard ceiling to realistic graphics, so M&B3 could be another graphics iteration in addition to something we can't predict about gaming trends or a brilliant new idea in WarningMagnet Yavuz's mind.

There isn’t going to be a M&B 3. Well, at least not for a while. BL is going to probably be the M&B game for the decade, recieving different content packs along the way.

Back
Top Bottom