Should All Lvl 2+ Seige Towers Be Changed To Ramps Instead Of Ladders?

Users who are viewing this thread

trio1989

Recruit
Seen as the ladders are useless is there a mod that changes seige towers with ladders to ramps if not someone needs to try make one?

Ladders SHOULD be carried to wall before raising .. but i assume the siege bugged out. PLUS, attackers SHOULD be forced to carry f-a-g---gots (bundles of twigs) to fill moats to allow towers / ladders forward. That would make sieges more realistic.

Ladders SHOULD be carried to wall before raising .. but i assume the siege bugged out. PLUS, attackers SHOULD be forced to carry f-a-g---gots (bundles of twigs) to fill moats to allow towers / ladders forward. That would make sieges more realistic.
All of that is done already by the time the battle starts. I assume under cover of darkness the night previous.

Seen as the ladders are useless is there a mod that changes seige towers with ladders to ramps if not someone needs to try make one?

I think the op wasnt talking about ladders at the wall he was talking about the ladders on the seige engines the ones that troops often only use one out of the three ladders sometimes use two of them but never three and sometimes climb up only to then climb back down again while stopping other troops from getting up while most of your troops congregate at the bottom to be shot by archers.

This results in your men going up one or two at a time to get slaughtered by the enemy.

Level one seige towers however have no ladder but a ramp the men run up the ramp in a bunch and attack the enemy. He was asking if some mod had made a ramp for lvl 2 and 3 walls. As far as I know they havent yet. Being on the recieving end of some sieges the ai doesnt seem to suffer from the same problem when attacking you.

The way I try to deal with the problem of siege engines is to break down the walls so I dont have to use them especially on lvl 3 fotifications but remember to take lots of food cos it takes a while.

I haven't bothered with siege towers myself, but the videos that I have seen show all of the men trying to use the center ladder. This makes the towers worse that the two ladders that they replace.

Siege equipment like battering rams and siege towers have fatal flaws built in to facilitate their use in multiplayer. In real life no one ever built a ram with so little protection from arrows.

Siege equipment like battering rams and siege towers have fatal flaws built in to facilitate their use in multiplayer. In real life no one ever built a ram with so little protection from arrows.
what's funny is that it doesn't matter if you kill the guys pushing the ram and tower, they keep moving forward automatically. kinda realistic

Back
Top Bottom