Shot and Shell v0.7.5 - Download and Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

damonkey

Sergeant Knight at Arms
bayreuth-dragoons-5-l.jpg

Greetings Community!

Shot and Shell is a Multiplayer mod based in the 1700s, during the early years of the Seven Years War. I am aiming to produce a mod that provides a blend of ranged and melee combat. Please note, for those who have played the "Age of False Innocence" mod the models and textures look strikingly similar to those in this mod. This is because I am using items Shred gave out as placeholders(I would like to code the mod first). Also note that this mod is still in production, and the final product can vary greatly.

Mod Features
  • Two factions: Austria and Prussia; with at least six factions planned for full release
  • Uniforms of historically accurate regiments that fought in the Seven Years War
  • Custom musket ball flight algorithm
  • Music tracks under Creative Commons license
  • 66 Unique Uniforms (and counting)
  • Various unique and historically accurate hats, including: tricornes and grenadier mitres
  • Historically accurate muskets for factions (such as the Potsdam, Long Land Pattern, etc)
  • Infantry Banners
  • Functioning crouching system
  • Admin tools (Thanks to Madmin by Madoc)
  • Cheering/Taunting (placeholders)

Future Plans
  • Grenades
  • Working Artillery System
  • Ammunition Rearmament
  • Loads of new uniforms

Download Link

You can find the full download below. Simply extract the .rar file into your Modules file, and you'll be good to go.

Shot and Shell v0.7.5 - Full Download (.rar) - Mirror 1
Shot and Shell v0.7.5 - Full Download (.rar) - Mirror 2

The Development Team

- DaMonkey: Team Head; Coding; Texturing; Animations
- Gunnar/Holland: Community Manager
- Titan041: Modeling; Texturing

Special Thanks To...

- Azrooh: He has helped me tremendously in getting started with modding warband. Without him, I would be completely and whole heartedly lost in my quest to develop anything above a calculator in visual basic xD

- Shredzorz: This modification uses various materials and object developed by him both as placeholders and development boosters. The team thanks him for releasing his resources as OSP.

Agh! 5arge! Thanks everyone, the next patch will be next weekish, I think. I will also make a Full Full download, for people not wanting to download and then patch, and also perhaps an .exe

Planned Features:
- The addition of: United States, Ottomon Empire, The Netherlands, and an Italian state (?)

OTTOMAN :smile:

Attempted to download, but one of those phony "There were viruses detected on your computer" boxes popped up, any alternates?  The mod looks pretty great btw.

mR_dIlLeNgeR said:
Attempted to download, but one of those phony "There were viruses detected on your computer" boxes popped up, any alternates?  The mod looks pretty great btw.
If you try it a couple times the virus thing wont pop up thats what I did.

Major PanCake said:
mR_dIlLeNgeR said:
If you try it a couple times the virus thing wont pop up thats what I did.

Thanks, that worked.

This Mod is one of the best it is really realistic and the graphics are great I would recommend this to anyone. Great Job Monkey

What is it with all these 1700's and 1800's mods, shouldn't there be kind of enough of those already? Why does no one make any 1500's or 1600's mod instead?

Don't take it in the wrong way, damonkey, your mod is pretty good. I just don't get it why everyone makes their mod take place in this time period.

There's a lot of 1700s/1800s mods in development, i've never really played any though (other than Poomtang's Napoleonic mod, and Azrooh's Secession, if you count the mid 1800s as part of that). I can probably safely say that if a popular 1700s mod comes out, the gameplay of the two will be real different, so someone can play the mod they get the most enjoyment out of (for example, Shot and Shell is as melee oriented as possible, other may not be like such).

My anti-virus program detected a Trojan when pressing download on the website. It was probably from the website not the file itself.

Once everything is fleshed out, I'm up for adding more factions. What I really need though are some "Irregular" units for each faction. For example, Russia with Partisans. We need a unit that is specific to a faction, unlike the regular Line Infantry and etcetera. I'm thinking Ski Infantry  for Sweden, but don't know, suggestions are welcome.

Already suggested that, but he gave me the same response, which by all rights is quite reasonable. Looking forward to the future :3

Back
Top Bottom