Shooting/Aiming Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Datatimebomb

Recruit
I never seem to be able to hit anything but they are in the certer of my scope. why cant i hit them? is there some kind of trick to it? :sad:

This isn't Cod, guns arn't laser accurate.
The gun you are firing is a smoothbore musket, it can't hit anything (in real-life) unless you are quite close to your target.
Now, with the game, bullets fly in a cone away from the barrel so the further away your target the less likely you are to hit it due to the cone affect.

Also, if the target is far away aim hgher to hit them, if you are in a line battle the aim for the center of a regiment/line which gives you the biggest chance of hitting someone! :grin:

Don't you have to aim lower when you're in first person? I've noticed a discrepancy between the reticule whenever I switch views and rarely hit someone when I aim directly at them in first person.

My recommendation is first to wait until the weapon is fully aime, so hold down your left mouse button a bit, until the reticule shrinks. You could also try selecting another class, Light Infantry tend to have better accuracy, and Skirmishers like the 95th Rifles have an even steadier aim, however the reticule does not shrink that far to make things more... interesting. The weapon also has ballistic projectiles and physics, so do not expect it to go in a straight line.

Long story short: Shoot them when you see the whites in their eyes. And ther you go.

It depends on range of target. At long ranges, 200 metres + then its more about luck rather than anything else. But in my opinion I've been here since MM and the best way I've found is to aim true, aka, point the pointy end at 'em and hope for a hit. Just aim at their heads at long ranges but if they are a long way away you have a low chance of a hit, and even if you did without a high body shot or headshot it wont be a kill.

At mid range about 30-200 metres you have to aim up there body. Starting at the head and aiming lower according to distance. Its also good to allow for a little bit of bullet time if the line is moving but not much. Especially if shooting cavalry give a good distance ahead even at close range.

At close range 30-ZOMGINMAFACE its all about timing. Your best chance is to predit where they are running, present and hold your fire until they run right into your crosshairs then pull the trigger. Its like clay pigeon shooting IRL you aim where its going, not where it is. Aim a little above the centre of their torso since you dont want to aim for legs since they move alot, and the head is too small.

As for aiming in general just take your time, dont take longer than 5 seconds though since thats just too slow firing rate. Wait for your soldiers aim to rest and release.

Back
Top Bottom