• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Shooting a bow with mail mittens, can it works?

Users who are viewing this thread

kalashnjkov

Veteran
I have this new question and eager to see the answer from my favorite historian - matmohair1. All discussions are welcomed.

chain-mail-mittens-pile.jpg

39846556_1985793008149172_5381083114053304320_n.jpg

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
Hi, I'm not matmohair1 but...:grin:

Chroniques de France ou de St Denis

With mail mittens it is really complicated to manipulate the two elements. Possible? well in a controlled environment it's plausible ... However I wouldn't want to have a couple of these equipped in a battle frenzy.

For optimal performance, you need at least two fingers (thumb + index finger) available to manipulate with sufficient dexterity that such actions require. You'll need somo of these:

Three fingers mail gloveFull mail glove
bifurcated-chain-mail-mittens-300x300.jpg
3dbc873c51428b197d9f529c930669b1.jpg

---
If you follow the Bannerlord development process, you can see here what I think of archers equipped with mittens :iamamoron:🥊🏹.

Poddicus

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Brought to you from the same style of book that shows a flimsy thin sword cutting bascinets and heads in half like butter

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
Brought to you from the same style of book that shows a flimsy thin sword cutting bascinets and heads in half like butter
Maybe this? 🖖 :iamamoron:

xE0f4.jpg
main-image
gXqHO.jpg

In the course of time, the split mail gloves were eventually combined with split gauntlets made of plates.
Knowledge takes no place, +info here

Top Bottom