Shogun and/or Emperor/Empress?

Users who are viewing this thread

One thing I think would be cool to have included in Gekokujo would be the opportunity for the player character to become a shogun or some sort of way for them to become the Emperor/Empress (probably through some sort of series of missions that would encompass I dunno, finding certain objects of importance etc.)
This suggestion isn't really well thought out but the purpose of this post is more to possibly have a discussion on the idea and see if it would be possible to be included somehow into Gekokujo (once it would be more fleshed out of course)

What do ye think?  Would yous like for the opportunity to have the player character become the ruler of Japan as Shogun or Emperor/Empress?

Something like this has been on my todo list for ages now. For what's that worth. And anyone who knows of my modding carrier on this forum will tell you that ain't bloody much. But yea, it would be great.

Ooh, interesting hahaha. I think something like a series of missions (like a mini story of sorts) could lead to a pathway for the player character to take on such positions. The idea I have in mind isn't really well thought out and I have no clue on modding (tho I think it'd be something interesting to learn to do one day as there are some things I'd like to include into Gekokujo for myself like, for example, a Junihitoe for the "ladies" in Gekojuko) so I'd be suggesting this to see what others think and to maybe add more to the idea in order to flesh it out more.

Honestly I'd be happy if I could even find out who the emperor was at that time. Like at the very least we'd get a chance to have him as a NPC you can talk to or something.

PPQ_Purple said:
Honestly, I'd be happy if I could even find out who the emperor was at that time. Like at the very least we'd get a chance to have him as an NPC you can talk to or something.

hmm from quick digging the emperors during the period were:
Emperor Go-Tsuchimikado 1464–1500
Emperor Go-Kashiwabara 1500–1526
Emperor Go-Nara 1526–1557
Emperor Ōgimachi 1557–1586
Emperor Go-Yōzei 1586–1611

I don't remember which year Gekokujo takes place in but they're the emperors from around that time period

I don't know anything really about the other than they were the emperors of Japan during the sengoku jidai (after all the war lasted around 140 years)

Gaedheal said:
I don't know anything really about the other than they were the emperors of Japan during the sengoku jidai (after all the war lasted around 140 years)
My problem exactly.

I'm planning on playing some gekokujo soon so I'll try to keep an eye on the year it's set and see if I can do some more digging on which emperor would have been in power at that time and look into him more to learn anything useful

The year Gekokujo is set in is around 1568 if memory serves so the emperor at that time was Emperor Ogimachi I grabbed a few links that I quickly found if you wanna do some of your own digging on it, I'll probably try do some digging on him to see if anything could be learned about him that could work for Gekokujo
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Ōgimachi
http://www.kyotodreamtrips.com/famous-deaths-today-1593-emperor-ogimachi-of-japan/
https://wiki.samurai-archives.com/index.php?title=Emperor_Ogimachi

So far what I gathered on Ogimachi is that he took the throne when he was around in his 40's I think so by the time of gekokujo he'd either be in his 50's or close to them, Oda Nobunaga seemingly used him as a mediator for his enemies but some time later began to call for his abdication, Toyotomi Hideyoshi later on began to use him and increased the imperial household's power so they had a mutually beneficial relationship between them. At some stage later he decided to retire and give his grandson the throne. But a lot of those events happened outside of Gekokujo's time (at least early in it but I suppose one could play around with the timeline of any interesting events for the sake of the gameplay if he was added along with the proposed inclusions that this discussion is about)

Honestly as a start I'd settle for just having him added as a character you can talk to. Sort of like the pope in Europe 1200. Ideally with a custom court scene of some sort. Although I am not sure who could create that stage. Than we could each branch out our submods from there.

Like, my self I only really halted my work because I had nobody to bug and balance test it and I did not have (still don't) the time to do that my self.

Back
Top Bottom