Shoes, glorious shoes!

What are the optimal amount of pairs of shoes?

Votes: 27 14.0%

Votes: 45 23.3%

Votes: 47 24.4%

Votes: 26 13.5%

Votes: 14 7.3%

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • 7+

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • A new pair every occassion

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I have three pairs of boots, only one of which actually sees the light of day (My work boots). One pair of running shoes and a pair of casual walking shoes. I tend to replace the last one once every 6 months because **** if I don't walk funny. Wear them out immediately.

Kobrag said:
Whatever happened to Buggy?

We don't talk about that.

FrisianDude said:
Or Raz or Zaro or Butscrew.

Raz got a "girlfriend" and a "real life" and abandoned us like the tosser he is :sad: Of course, we'd take him back if he said sorry, and most would be forgiven.

As for Zaro, dunno. He was kinda fun and good for an argument.

Butscrew... I have some vague memory of him being Japanese, or working in Japan. Maybe he got earthquaked. No big loss to the forums either way.

Shoes..lets see now, a pair of casual everyday use trainers, naval issued boots, studded trainers for playing handegg, running shoes and I'm certain a pair of dress shoes somewhere.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
Butscrew... I have some vague memory of him being Japanese, or working in Japan.
English teacher in Japan, if memory serves me right.

Three pairs of Chuck Taylor's, a pair of worn sneakers, combat boots, two espadrilles, a pair of flip flops and some ****ty dress shoes.

J said:
Proper boots (work for hiking somewhat, also as winter boots and biking boots), joggers for general outing and the occasional sport-ish moment. Pair of formals, pair of steel-toed work shoes and sandals for good (read: summer) weather.
blingshoes.jpg

Rhox said:
Hmm i have a lot of sneakers.BTW i dont understand why woman wear high heels they are so uncomfortable...
1. They make you taller
2. They make your legs look more shapely
3. They make your butt look better
4. They make a sexy click-clack sound
5. They help making your hips sway in an enticing fashion

If you know how to walk in them and have a properly fitting pair, they aren't any more uncomfortable than wearing a bra or a thong or stockings.

Needless to say, my collection has grown from the ~30 pairs I had at my last posting, though wear&tear plus student budget has really put a dampener on it.

Jhessail said:
1. They make you taller
2. They make your legs look more shapely
3. They make your butt look better
5. They help making your hips sway in an enticing fashion

Plus you can hollow out the heels and store your coke in them. It's the one place customs and border control never think to check.

hmm. these are the ones I got here with me, which would be 10 proper pairs.
CRXz4.png
I think it's perfectly acceptable to have two pairs of long boots of different colours, as well as two pairs of sneakers of different styles. and two pairs of fancier shoes to combine with dresses (purple wedges, black ballerinas). the boots at the top are the most recent addition to fit with everything and be suitable for crappy Hamburg winter weather. and sandals are a necessity for girly girls too! :neutral:
the "shower shoes" don't count, they're just great to avoid icky public pool floors; and I only own the pumps in the center as well as the short boots at the right because my mom talked me into them, I barely ever wore/wear them.

hrm, additionally I have leather flip flops, dress shoes, biker boots
Paula said:
at my boyfriend's place.
and at my parents' house, there's some old worn out shoes too as well as a pair of hiking boots, I think. and currently I'm wearing wool-lined mokassins because even with socks my feet are cold during this kinda season.

uhh, sum? ~20, if you count every kind of footwear with a sole. or about 10 proper outside shoes that get actually used more or less regularly throughout the year.

I counted workshoes with that (steel tips ect ect, for work safety) which brought me to a grand total of 2 pair of shoes.

I wouldn't know why you would want more shoes anyway.

Most of the shoes I have are rather practical in nature; due to snow, mountains and various reasons I thus have a modest amount.

*Sneakers
*Formal Shoes
*Hiking Boots(practically required in the Alps)
*Winter Shoes/Boots
*Hallschuhe
*Ass-kicking Boots(thanks to my punk inclined brother)

What I don't understand is the amount of shoes some women have.

My sister's studying in London for a year and she brought 20 pairs.

20 freaking pairs.

And she bought some more when she got here!

Overlord- said:
Damn, I haven't seen you in ages, Tuckles.

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate." - Some chink I can quote and not be racist. **** yeah!

Yes, that does mean I'm a ninja.

I only have three pairs of shoes, but I have about 16 jackets which still isn't as many as I'd like, so I consider myself in no position to judge shoe collectors.

I would have more shoes, but shopping for jackets is far more fun than shoe shopping.

Jhessail said:
rebelsquirrell said:
The clacking is sexy? Maybe its a European thing....
Certainly not. I'm sure the Panzervixen's heels click very nicely.

Tuckles said:
What I don't understand is the amount of shoes some women have. 20 freaking pairs. And she bought some more when she got here!
How many hats do you have? Jackets, vests, belts, shirts? Shoes are no different, they need be accessorized as well. Though, I don't own anywhere near 20* as I tend to ruin shoes.

*In fact, I now have 0. ****in' work put me on patrol in this ancient sub-basement office from the 70s and it ruined my shoes and I had a bunch of tiny cuts that I had to disinfect.

Back
Top Bottom