MP Shock Infantry need shields

Users who are viewing this thread

maybe instead of giving every faction the same loadout but a different color they should make them unique and not give shock infantry to most if not all of the factions in the game. what happened to the cavalry only khergits or the foot infantry/archer only nords? if they wanted to not limit what people can choose in a multiplayer match maybe they shouldn’t have used preset classes in the first place and instead gave people customizable loadouts.

shock infantry is already ridiculously powerful as it is (unless you are empire but they suck at everything) so I’m not sure why you would want to give them a shield to top it off. if you want protection from archers just pick regular infantry??

shock infantry is already ridiculously powerful as it is (unless you are empire but they suck at everything) so I’m not sure why you would want to give them a shield to top it off. if you want protection from archers just pick regular infantry??

I assume you're referring to TDM, but I'm not here to discuss balance changes around a chaotic moshpit. They're certainly not ridiculously powerful in Skirmish, which is what this thread mostly concerns.

The reason they need shields is explained throughout the thread, if you can be bothered have a read and then respond to a particular point that was raised as Kristjan108 has done, so I don't have to repeat myself a million times.

I really dont get this. The whole point of shock infantry is that they are a glass cannon with destinct weaknesses and strenghts, in TDM and Captain, they excel in flanks and in melee, but are easily picked of by javs and arrows (some shock troops are also anti cav at this point) they arent a "meme class" they are some of the most spammed classes and usually decide the game, especially in tdm. Giving them a shield, when many already have separate secondary weapons would just make them more versatile heavy infantry. And in skirmish, just dont pick them if you want to do without the shields. The classes are supposed to give variety, not every choice will be the right one in every occasion. In coordinated plays shielded infantry or allied archers can easily try to protect shock infantry as they close the distance. All this is ignoring the fact that having only a two handed weapon and a shield doesnt really make sense as a kit, and isnt realistic in the slightest ( then again, twohanded infantry wasnt all too common anyhow).

I really dont get this. The whole point of shock infantry is that they are a glass cannon with destinct weaknesses and strenghts, in TDM and Captain, they excel in flanks and in melee, but are easily picked of by javs and arrows (some shock troops are also anti cav at this point) they arent a "meme class" they are some of the most spammed classes and usually decide the game, especially in tdm. Giving them a shield, when many already have separate secondary weapons would just make them more versatile heavy infantry. And in skirmish, just dont pick them if you want to do without the shields. The classes are supposed to give variety, not every choice will be the right one in every occasion. In coordinated plays shielded infantry or allied archers can easily try to protect shock infantry as they close the distance. All this is ignoring the fact that having only a two handed weapon and a shield doesnt really make sense as a kit, and isnt realistic in the slightest ( then again, twohanded infantry wasnt all too common anyhow).
I assume you're referring to TDM, but I'm not here to discuss balance changes around a chaotic moshpit. They're certainly not ridiculously powerful in Skirmish, which is what this thread mostly concerns.

The reason they need shields is explained throughout the thread, if you can be bothered have a read and then respond to a particular point that was raised as Kristjan108 has done, so I don't have to repeat myself a million times.

Also already addressed the "protect shock infantry" point. Please read through the thread. Realism is a silly argument, and "don't pick them" is not a solution, but the problem.

so not only do they need to be one of the strongest classes in the game, they also need a free pass when it comes to projectiles and cavalry on skirmish? hahaha no

maybe try using them like you would shock infantry and not charging straight at the front of a group and instead approach the archers while they are flanked

so not only do they need to be one of the strongest classes in the game, they also need a free pass when it comes to projectiles and cavalry on skirmish? hahaha no

maybe try using them like you would shock infantry and not charging straight at the front of a group and instead approach the archers while they are flanked

?

Aight guess you're trolling.

an unironic "everyone who disagrees with me is a troll" post
so I guess this thread is useless should have looked more closely at the earlier posts
cya folks

If you don't want to be taken for a troll maybe read the thread as I have already asked before commenting to avoid wasting people's time. They're not "one of the strongest classes in the game", as explained, a weak and small shield wouldn't give them a "free pass" against anything, only minimum survivability to reach the fight. "Maybe try not charging straight", nobody does that.

Back
Top Bottom