MP Oriental Shinobi Kinzoku Hasu - Black Metal Lotus - GAMMA UNLEASHED! 09/20/10

Users who are viewing this thread

I have reduced the smoke particles to 5 and the life of the smoke to 15 seconds. It all works wonderfully now. :grin:

Now if only I could get my dedicated server up and running. I made a post about it in the forge if anyone would like to help there.

Also: can anyone think of any standard ninja weaponry/equipment I have left out? I don't want anything similar to what we have already - a Bo is good enough, no need for a Hanbo. Likewise we have Suntetsu so Escrima Sticks (whatever their japanese equivalent is) are unnecessary. Manriki and Nunchaku would be great, but "flail" animations don't exist. any other ideas?

Also: Maybe I will add fireworks at some point. They would make a nice "I need backup" signal, and each Clan would have a certain color.

Yes, Metsubushi (translates to "eye closer"), or the "black egg" will be added as soon as I can figure out how to key blindness off of a headshot - I'll make it based off of a general hit if I have to.

The Metsubushi was actually part of my old Blood mod - it was just a high-damage throwing weapon.

um... actually that doesn't mean eye closer... unless its some odd dialect of japanese I have no idea about. also, I think I know your problem with the server. would you happen to have a router?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metsubushi

I was going to work on reverse-wielded weapons - the problem is the animations would be the same, so the enemy would generally have to be very close, especially for short weapons. We will see.

Eagle_eye, you know japanese? one of the things I need is someone to make sure all of the item names I have used are correct. :mrgreen:

Also:

Fireworks! Each clan will have a different color. They could have MANY strategic uses...
* To signal a meeting location.
* Thrown into a random location for a distraction.
* To mark snipers.
* To signal the start of a charge.

I know some... I'm not fluent, but I could probably get around in japan if I had to.

EDIT: also, eye is me, and while I forgot the word for close, it is most definitely not tsubushi, bushi, or any variation thereof.

Router: Yes.

Bot AI: No idea.... but if we can get this hosted, bots wont be much of a problem. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Well I got smoke bombs and fireworks done - they poof and hiss, or pop and sizzle, respectively. I updated a few things on the main page that haven't been added yet, but after I finish the kingdom banners in the morning we should be ready for another release.

BUMP! :shock:

VERSION BETA TWO IS NOW AVAILABLE!

WAH!!!

I plan to try hosting this for a bit now, drop a line here if you guys can't see the server online, or come on in and play if you can! We're still experimental with the server so far, so bear with me.

Bugs: Didn't set up server sounds, so you wont hear fireworks or bombs yet. Sorry. :evil:

Alright, version beta three is now available! Get it while its brand ninjaspanking new. :mrgreen:

I'm going to put up my server and probably leave it up all night. You are all welcome to come die by my blade. :twisted:

EDIT: Seems completely stable.

Still have the server up this morning. I notice several people logged in and played last night, so that's cool. I should be logged in and practicing my sword skills pretty much all day, as to progress much in this mod I need to solve a problem I am having with getting the metsubushi implemented.

Also, I have been considering the bots. I think wee need four separate categories: melee infantry, ranged infantry, melee cavalry, and ranged cavalry. There are no separate unit types to command at this point, just troops with different stats. This really matters for strategy purposes. I don't want this to be a "bot-based" mod, but I want as many options as possible. Ninja armies can be fun. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Also, I need to specifically know:

* When you are on my server and a smoke bomb or fireworks is thrown by another player or a bot, can you hear the sound effects?
* And can you hear the ambient soundtrack in the background (wolves, crickets, wind, birds, frogs, etc.)?

You WILL be able to hear these things on any local server you make, but I need to test if it will work that way on an internet server. Let me know! :cool:

Alright I think I have the metsubushi fixed. I'm doing a few little things and then I am going to release again, and put up my server.

I need two volunteers to help me test some things:

* Does the metsubushi blind you when a bot throws one at you on my server?
* Does the metsubushi blind you when another player throws one at you on my server?
* Does the metsubushi blind you when I (admin) throw one at you on my server?
* Does the metsubushi blind two or more of you when any of the above throw one at you on my server?
* Can you hear the metsubushi (black egg) "eggcrack" sound when the metsubushi hits (not just the normal "stone hit" sound)?
* Can you hear the hanabi (colored egg;fireworks)"bangfizzle" sound when the hanabi hits (not just the normal "stone hit" sound)?
* Can you hear the kemuribomu (white egg; smoke bomb) "bangfizzle" sound when the kemuribomu hits (not just the normal "stone hit" sound)?
* Is it night on the map when you log in?

I appreciate any help - I want to make sure this all works this time around. Crossing my fingers for a stable release. :wink:

Update! Version Gamma is available for download and I'm going to host my server tonight - PLEASE come help me test it! There are a couple things I need to make sure work, as I detailed in the last post.

Back
Top Bottom