In Progress Shift key and Alt key only working some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: My left alt key (More info on about city, castle, village and party on the map and show indicators in battle map), my left shift (Speed up camera on map, Zoom in battle map and Sell or buy x5) and my left CTRL (Sell or buy everything) aren't registering when im playing bannerlord. My Right Alt work perfectly fine where my left alt only register 1 of 15 time (Need to precise that right alt seem to have different utility (Work like Left alt (Show info) on map, but work like left CTRL (Sell or buy everything) when trading.) What i did to confirm thats comming from the game : I tried them in another game and on my desktop, every key work. What i tried to fix it : 1) Reset to defaults in Keybindings. 2) Verify the files on steam. 3) uninstall and reinstall the game. 4) Restart PC. 5) Start a new game. but it is still doing the same thing. Didn't find anything about that on the forum or known issues list.
How to Reproduce
: Play bannerlord
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): Unrelated
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: 516.40
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-9600K
RAM: 2x8G G.skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3200
Motherboard: Prime Z390-A
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 860 Evo
Keyboard : Steelseries Apex 3

I can confirm I'm also having this problem. Game almost doesn't recognize CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT keys at all. Problem persists even though I rebinded those keys to other keys on 3rd party software; the game doesn't recognize those controls even when they're map to any other key. And it works perfectly in other games. This started on 22/6 and persists even now.

Coincidentally, I'm also using a Steelseries keyboard (Omen Keyboard). Maybe that has to do with something?

Hey, just popping in to say that I have this problem too (literally registered this account to make this bug thread). I've tried verifying game files however that did not work. About to try to delete the above file.

I can confirm I'm also having this problem. Game almost doesn't recognize CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT keys at all. Problem persists even though I rebinded those keys to other keys on 3rd party software; the game doesn't recognize those controls even when they're map to any other key. And it works perfectly in other games. This started on 22/6 and persists even now.

Coincidentally, I'm also using a Steelseries keyboard (Omen Keyboard). Maybe that has to do with something?
I should have added that I am also on a Steelseries keyboard (Apex).

Could you try deleting the file below and try again?
Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\BannerlordGameKeys.xml
So I just tried your workaround, twice. It seems that it will work (Ctrl + click) for each input once and then not work again. I.e. you hold ctrl + click to sell a bunch of items, and for as long as you hold ctrl, its fine. But the moment you try a second time, it no longer works. Same goes for shift+click and alt. Restarting game/exiting and rentering menus doesn't help, only the workaround you just posted.

Is that clear? I'm not used to forum posting and idk how to phrase and write these.

Could you try deleting the file below and try again?
Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs\BannerlordGameKeys.xml
Unfortunately, nothing happened. I deleted the file, started the game, loaded a save, but CTRL, ALT and SHIFT still did not work on campaign map and in a field. Strangely, there was like a split-second period where ALT highlighted stuff but then it stopped working altogether.

Unfortunately, nothing happened. I deleted the file, started the game, loaded a save, but CTRL, ALT and SHIFT still did not work on campaign map and in a field. Strangely, there was like a split-second period where ALT highlighted stuff but then it stopped working altogether.
As I said above, the keys will work on the first input but not after that. The keys break after that first input and then the only way to fix it is to delete that file, whereupon the keys will break again on the first input.

Do you have SteelSeries Engine installed? The app might have auto profile that might override the settings. If you have force close it and try again please.
Didn't work unfortunately. However there was an update to the Steelseries Engine on the 21st of June, however the notes say it was only adding support for new devices.
  • Engine support for the Apex Pro Mini and Apex Pro Mini Wireless keyboards
  • Enables Engine Apps functionality for the ArctisNova Pro headsets
Also, this input bug only started occuring for me this afternoon my time, when it was fine when I first started playing this morning (a day or two after the update, during which I was still playing the game so I doubt that it's due to the Steelseries Engine Update). Also, having looked through the Steelseries Reddit and forums, no one else seems to be reporting this bug.

Do you have SteelSeries Engine installed? The app might have auto profile that might override the settings. If you have force close it and try again please.
Just tried completely uninstalling the Steelseries Engine, shutting computer down + pulling out and plugging the keyboard back in and now the game is running fine. Maybe it is due to the Steelseries update the other day? Still I don't know why it would have a delayed effect. Should we contact Steelseries about this now or leave it to you guys, because this seems to have only affected Bannerlord. Even Warband is fine.

Didn't work unfortunately. However there was an update to the Steelseries Engine on the 21st of June, however the notes say it was only adding support for new devices.
  • Engine support for the Apex Pro Mini and Apex Pro Mini Wireless keyboards
  • Enables Engine Apps functionality for the ArctisNova Pro headsets
Also, this input bug only started occuring for me this afternoon my time, when it was fine when I first started playing this morning (a day or two after the update, during which I was still playing the game so I doubt that it's due to the Steelseries Engine Update). Also, having looked through the Steelseries Reddit and forums, no one else seems to be reporting this bug.
Not working for me either. It was the same for me. Everything was working until yesterday. Would be like 21h ago that it started.

Ok, so I restarted my PC with Steelseries disabled, made sure that there is no BannerlordGameKeys.xml file in Configs, plugged my keyboard out and back in, launched the game and... still nothing; aforementioned keys still don't work in Bannerlord but still work in other games.

I haven't tried uninstalling Steelseries Engine, I could do that but I'm worried about losing my settings or ruining my keyboard software or something.

Hi, I just created this account to post about this now as well.

I also have the same issue - CTRL, SHIFT and ALT keys not registering in the game in any way (trade, map, battle, key-binding menu etc).

I also have a Steelseries keyboard, and the issue started yesterday for me following the Steelseries engine update.

I have uninstalled the Steelseries engine and this has fixed the issue for now (though ofc I miss my macros!).

To add - I didnt need to shut down the pc, or un-plug my keyboard for this to work. In fact, I carried out the uninstall while alt-tabbed with Bannerlord open, and immediately had the keys working when I tabbed back into the game.

Ok confirmed, uninstalled Steelseries and the keys now work perfectly in Bannerlord, so it was that app all along. Still don't know why only Bannerlord was affected. Here's hoping there will be a fix so I can use my macros again. ?

Back
Top Bottom