Resolved Shields Not Working in Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Im taking into account everything, and the 3 videos show everything nicely. And you can clearly see whats happening if you look in slow motion. The only thing that could do some dmg is the 2nd video axe hit, although its not logical as i explained. 1st video is clear as day. 2nd is difficult to see, but you can in slow motion, and you can see that the axe clips through the shield.

Okay You really made me download those videos and look at them in slow mo xD.

The dark one with the axe - unfortunately not possible to see clearly what happend.
The one with spear form above - in slow mo it looks like you put down the shield just before being hit.
The one with the sword from side - this one i agree in slow mo it's clearly hitting the hand holding the shield. Probably shield hitbox size should be adjusted.

Im taking into account everything, and the 3 videos show everything nicely. And you can clearly see whats happening if you look in slow motion. The only thing that could do some dmg is the 2nd video axe hit, although its not logical as i explained. 1st video is clear as day. 2nd is difficult to see, but you can in slow motion, and you can see that the axe clips through the shield.

Yeah, the last 3 clips was better. What I imagine happend is that the arm holding the shield has a hitbox that goes slighly through it, and might depend on how you're holding the shield.
So hitboxes for arms atleast, should be adjusted, and perhaps make the shields a bit more forgiving overall. Realism is fun and all, but I do love my arcade.

They just need to simplify it and go back to auto block. It's too buggy and a pain to control. It's not like you will ever become an uber powerful force single handedly like you could be in Warband either.

They just need to simplify it and go back to auto block. It's too buggy and a pain to control. It's not like you will ever become an uber powerful force single handedly like you could be in Warband either.
I wouldnt want auto block of any sort. Blocking in the opposite direction from where the attack is coming or not protecting the proper side from where the attack is coming should result in getting hit, unlike warband. They just gotta fix the buggs with it and polish it a bit.

I wouldnt want auto block of any sort. Blocking in the opposite direction from where the attack is coming or not protecting the proper side from where the attack is coming should result in getting hit, unlike warband. They just gotta fix the buggs with it and polish it a bit.
Even with autoblock if you were looking left and getting shot from the right, you still got shot. I'm not saying make it easy mode but right now it's pretty stupid. At least having the option to do that. I don't like seeing directional arrows on the screen...breaks immersion.

Even with autoblock if you were looking left and getting shot from the right, you still got shot. I'm not saying make it easy mode but right now it's pretty stupid. At least having the option to do that. I don't like seeing directional arrows on the screen...breaks immersion.
You can disable directional arrows in the settings. I also saw that there is a mod for auto block. I just want the buggy part fixed. And i would prefer "move whichever direction shield", if in proper direction take reduced damage/block attacks, if not protecting the side get hit. Think its smoother gameplay and more realistic compared to the pick a side, which is more for blocking with weapons.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this topic when it was first created. If you are still experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please leave a reply to this thread so we can forward to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom