Shields for shield bashing?

Users who are viewing this thread

flashn00b

Sergeant at Arms
Considering that some shields have very poor coverage like the Clan Warrior's Targe and the Wildling's "large" shield, I wonder if it'd be worth it to introduce a shield type that's an off-hand weapon first and a projectile deflector second. Perhaps shields of this class could increase bash damage from 2-3 to 6-10?

I think it'd be a worthwhile concept to play around with since targes were historically as much of a weapon as they were designed to deflect sword blows. This could also allow for different perk options relating to shields for other classes.

Considering that some shields have very poor coverage like the Clan Warrior's Targe and the Wildling's "large" shield, I wonder if it'd be worth it to introduce a shield type that's an off-hand weapon first and a projectile deflector second. Perhaps shields of this class could increase bash damage from 2-3 to 6-10?

I think it'd be a worthwhile concept to play around with since targes were historically as much of a weapon as they were designed to deflect sword blows. This could also allow for different perk options relating to shields for other classes.
Considering almost useless short spear perks of Clan Warrior and Sturgian Warrior, it would be quite a good deal tbh

To make the low coverage shields a viable sidegrade to the tall heater shields and oval shields. Right now, they don't really fulfill a niche since the targe and wildling shields can still be shot through.
The niche is that its still autoblock from melee attacks, ever thought about that?

To make the low coverage shields a viable sidegrade to the tall heater shields and oval shields. Right now, they don't really fulfill a niche since the targe and wildling shields can still be shot through.
Don't we simply want shields to provide coverage, therefore, we should increase the coverage? A niche of free damage from a low-risk, easy mechanic is not a niche needing filling imo.

It sounds fine to me if you have to sacrifice a larger shield for it, rather than all targes having access to it. These mechanics can easily become annoying though as there's no real way to block against shield bashes. I'd be down to give it a shot myself.

As Alyss says with a high dose of sarcasm, we would be falling into the dichotomy of dual wielding yes - dual wielding no. There is historical evidence of shields with spikes, small Scottish bucklers as well.

14585637567_845c50f1b0_b.jpg

But the problem is with the game... a shield with less coverage but with the feature that you can attack in dual wield mode through a simulated bash (with more damage) and block hits... if there was a way to test it I would certainly give a try to it, however in cold... as it is I am skeptical as to its role in gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom