Shield with overhand polearm attack

Users who are viewing this thread

vuk

Sergeant at Arms
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew how to change it so that when you had a shield you could still use the overhand attack with the polearm, instead of just the thrust. I changed the animation for overhand attacks, so that it is done onehanded (I used the throwing animation :razz:).

Put it into the module_animations (it sounds like you've done that) then add the appropriate itcf to the polearm's setup in header_items,  i.e.:

Code:
itc_onehand_polearm_overhead    = itc_parry_polearm|itcf_thrust_polearm|itcf_slashright_polearm|itcf_slashleft_polearm|itcf_horseback_slashright_onehanded|itcf_horseback_slashleft_onehanded|itcf_horseback_slash_polearm|itcf_throw_stone 

It's no different than doing the overhand spear strike I did, you're just substituting a throwing animation. 

I'm not 100% sure that this will work, even if the acf tuples are correct in module_animations, i.e.:

Code:
acf_overswing|acf_enforce_rightside, amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_use_inertia|amf_keep|amf_client_owner_prediction|amf_rider_rot_overswing
But it's worth a shot.  Don't be too amazed if it doesn't work, though- the animation system is very hard-coded, and there are probably a lot of gotchas, no matter what the tuples say the expected behavior of a given animation is.

lol, I don't know how to use the module system. :razz: I just use text files.

So there is no way to do it without using the module system? I cannot get the module system working on my computer, so I have to rely on using the text files. :razz:

If you don't need to change the animation, then you can use the item editor (the new one by Morgh) to add capability to your weapon.

How can you add that using the item edittor? I did not see anything there for it?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105928.msg2629441.html#msg2629441

The "flags section" column on the right. the above screen shot was from his earlier version. It might look different in the current version.

Which flag am I looking for? I did not see one that would make it possible for me to use an overhead polearm attack while wielding a shield.

Back
Top Bottom