SP - General Shield Wall formation and Advance command

Users who are viewing this thread

nereid

Sergeant at Arms
Hi folks,

as far as I can see the Charge command lets the infantry run haywire to the nearest enemy, while the Advance command will make them hold the line and charge in a little bit more orderly fashion. My main problem is the Advance command in combination with the Shield Wall stance. It seems that the units will not really hold the wall and the unshielded troops will run in the front acting as arrow sponges and thus negating the Shield Wall formation.

I would propose that the Shield Wall should move completely in formation and all infantry units without a shield should take cover behind the ones with a shield. This means that the whole formation will be only as fast as the slowest unit in the group and would allow for an orderly and shielded movement on the battle field.

Welll you could use the move button instead close to the enemy. They will attack when needed anyways within range....But i understand since there need to be some kind of shield formation attack move for sure in case its needed

Welll you could use the move button instead close to the enemy. They will attack when needed anyways within range....But i understand since there need to be some kind of shield formation attack move for sure in case its needed

I know but the unshielded units will still be faster and running to the front. Thus they will stay in the front line of the wall and negate the whole premise of the formation.

True... would def help to cover them better if they where automatically staying behind the front line all the time if they are in the same formation and keeping same speed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom