Shield Hitbox Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

When i try to shoot arrow under the shield, shield blocks it. I don't have this problem only on this shield, i think there is a something like a ghost range. I couldn't find any solution about this.

Solution
You can actually use ruler in OpenBRF to get a measurement! For non circular shields, you may have to temporarily rotate the item to get the height, which you can store in shoot_speed.

One thing to note, the Shield skill will add a "ghost range" based on level to sort of imitate a skilled shield user being able to "catch" arrows and blows outside of their natural blocking range. That's not the issue shown in the video though.
weapon_length–Value: Shield coverage. Higher values allow the shield to cover more body area, offering shield protection from arrows to larger sections of the body.
The best method is to compare it in size to the Native shields and then apply a similar value there.

Upvote 0
You can actually use ruler in OpenBRF to get a measurement! For non circular shields, you may have to temporarily rotate the item to get the height, which you can store in shoot_speed.

One thing to note, the Shield skill will add a "ghost range" based on level to sort of imitate a skilled shield user being able to "catch" arrows and blows outside of their natural blocking range. That's not the issue shown in the video though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom