Shield glitch still in Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lolbash said:
No amount of spazzing will make a shield cover the legs, unless you play as a faction that can use kite shields or board shields, and even then the protection is extremely small. You basically just forced infantry to have to resort to bunny hopping to avoid getting their toes shot.

I find it hard to believe that you are trying to argue for more user friendly or whatever, when you say that the directional blocking with shields somehow will make arrow blocking more skill based (it doesnt).

Aiming that one millimetres of open means wasting time and ammo for little chance of hit. And i don't think this system is less user friendly than invisible shields. Also this kind of update on mechanics might increase variation of shield thus strategy part of the game.

BayBear said:
I’d rather not play the “move my shield up and down” minigame every time I encounter archers, it’s simply not fun. Warband has extended shield hit boxes for this reason.

It's same kind of game as 'move my sword up and down and left and right' everytime you encounter an enemy.

Aiming that one millimetres of open means wasting time and ammo for little chance of hit.

Archers in Warband/Bannerlord will have the benefit of gaming mouses, a crosshair built in their screens to help them aim, and aiming is not a "chance to hit", its a "did the arrow touch the target or not".

Watch some pro players in CSGO do aiming tests, they can aim at near pixel perfect rates, and that means some very good archers in Warband and Bannerlord will also be able to shoot your foot and hit
consistently.

And this sentence just raises more questions. You are asking for more realistic hitboxes on shields, but then you are telling archer players to don't shoot the feet, because you will almost never hit it. Whats the point of asking for realistic hitboxes if you are telling them not to shoot the shield anyways?

And i don't think this system is less user friendly than invisible shields.

Since I am not allowed to call you out for your hours of multiplayer anymore, how about this: you know absolutely nothing about how infantry works, the game mechanic, the mindset of how competitive players play or think, and you are only arguing because you want more realism in the game.

Lolbash said:
and you are only arguing because you want more realism in the game.

So i can't argue? Everybody has their wanted features and i am just telling mine as you do yours. When devs looks at this thread to get opinion they will see both sides of argument and decide. If you don't want to argue then don't. I have nothing else to say say about this thread. Have a nice day.

I have not touched the multiplayer at all and will most likely never will in the future, but you know, reading this fight almost makes me think of two middle schoolers slapping each other instead of agreeing to disagree. Really makes you pity the people on this thread.

BayBear said:
I’d rather not play the “move my shield up and down” minigame every time I encounter archers, it’s simply not fun. Warband has extended shield hit boxes for this reason.
I'd rather not play the "move my sword up and down" minigame every time I encounter enemies, it's simply not fun.  :iamamoron:  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lolbash said:
No amount of spazzing will make a shield cover the legs, unless you play as a faction that can use kite shields or board shields, and even then the protection is extremely small. You basically just forced infantry to have to resort to bunny hopping to avoid getting their toes shot.

I find it hard to believe that you are trying to argue for more user friendly or whatever, when you say that the directional blocking with shields somehow will make arrow blocking more skill based (it doesnt).

Well that is a complete misrepresentation of the point. No one was even talking about the directional shield blocking at all

So you didn't read?

Memoefe said:
BayBear said:

It's same kind of game as 'move my sword up and down and left and right' everytime you encounter an enemy.

Lolbash said:
So you didn't read?

Memoefe said:
BayBear said:

I don't say they must use this system or that system, only giving example which came to my mind at that moment which is not perfect, i didn't say anything about directional blocking tho. I'm only referring to invisible shields are annoying and should be thought of how to get rid of it.

Btw, i looked the gif from a dev blog which shows 20 30 shields. And its seems like there is a long shields which cover the legs in almost any faction.

Attembourgh said:
I have not touched the multiplayer at all and will most likely never will in the future, but you know, reading this fight almost makes me think of two middle schoolers slapping each other instead of agreeing to disagree. Really makes you pity the people on this thread.

Also i totally agree with this comment. We should agree to disagree.

Lolbash said:
Nords have enough shield skill to cover their legs or their head while blocking with their larger shields, but not both at the same time. Vaegirs & Sarranids only have a small bit of vulnerability on the shooter's left side (infantry's right) when looking down, and have total head coverage when looking slightly up. Swadians and Rhodoks have the largest shields, and so the only way to reliably shoot them in the feet is to trick them into looking up to cover their heads or to shoot their right foot as it clips through the shield while walking. When I saw this thread's title for the first time, that's what I thought it was about. Feet clipping through shields definitely needs to be fixed in Bannerlord. :lol:

Attembourgh said:

I pity people who don't play the amazing multiplayer counterpart of Warband because they're too scared. Also making assumptions and putting everyone is the same basket is another reason to feel bad for.

578 said:
Attembourgh said:

I pity people who don't play the amazing multiplayer counterpart of Warband because they're too scared. Also making assumptions and putting everyone is the same basket is another reason to feel bad for.

Some people dislike multiplayer competitivity, what's wrong with that!? I don't, I've tried M&B MP ages ago, and I mean, AGES AGO, and I hated it. Used to play Jedi Academy in a very small comp scene and I loved it while it lasted (presently JA is dead), the next melee games I've liked a little bit were War of the Roses and Chivalry (Chivalry when it was merely a mod), but none of them lived up to my experiences with JA. So yeah, because you like something doesn't mean it's inherently good or must be liked by all, same as if you dislike something, it doesn't make it inherently bad, please accept that tastes are personal and they do not reflect quality what-so-ever, nor that your own tastes are a reference beacon, to each their own...

I always thought the major difference between SP and MP scenes are that they appeal to different age groups. I'm not saying one of them is less mature, but I'm strongly hinting at it.
Or to put in another way, let's single out a certain age group characterized by boredom, loneliness and a desperate need to be validated by peers. What would they rather play?

Breezy Tee said:
578 said:
Attembourgh said:

Some people dislike multiplayer competitivity, what's wrong with that!? I don't, I've tried M&B MP ages ago, and I mean, AGES AGO, and I hated it. Used to play Jedi Academy in a very small comp scene and I loved it while it lasted (presently JA is dead), the next melee games I've liked a little bit were War of the Roses and Chivalry (Chivalry when it was merely a mod), but none of them lived up to my experiences with JA. So yeah, because you like something doesn't mean it's inherently good or must be liked by all, same as if you dislike something, it doesn't make it inherently bad, please accept that tastes are personal and they do not reflect quality what-so-ever, nor that your own tastes are a reference beacon, to each their own...

Having a different taste is great. Its variety among people. Having a taste though and talking **** for something else people enjoy is different. His sentence clearly was not passive.

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
I always thought the major difference between SP and MP scenes are that they appeal to different age groups. I'm not saying one of them is less mature, but I'm strongly hinting at it.
Or to put in another way, let's single out a certain age group characterized by boredom, loneliness and a desperate need to be validated by peers. What would they rather play?

That way, I can call single player fans ugly and antisocial, awkward in speech and in general cavemen. Your post is stupid. We dont play multiplayer because of boredom and loneliness, we play it for the competitive spirit and the challenge. The same way as single player people dont play SP because they're smart, geniuses or antisocial and ugly as I used as an example. Some people play the game their own way and their own pace. Hating on something for no reason makes you look like an ape. I am not calling you an ape, I am saying that it's ape mentality to rip people's enjoyment off. Please think before you talk.

And since we're on that matter, I have never seen any multiplayer fan trying to talk crap on single player. That always, ALWAYS and in EVERY game comes from single player fans who not only talk crap on devs who decide to put multiplayer in their game but also have some kind of delusion that multiplayer will ruin single player. The close minded people in this case are by far the single player fans. And we witnessed here with the beta blog. It's kind of pathetic, really.

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Being a mature person myself, I prefer to play video games on my own than with the children that play video games socially with other people.

578 said:
Breezy Tee said:
578 said:
Attembourgh said:

Having a different taste is great. Its variety among people. Having a taste though and talking **** for something else people enjoy is different. His sentence clearly was not passive.

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:

That way, I can call single player fans ugly and antisocial, awkward in speech and in general cavemen. Your post is stupid. We dont play multiplayer because of boredom and loneliness, we play it for the competitive spirit and the challenge. The same way as single player people dont play SP because they're smart, geniuses or antisocial and ugly as I used as an example. Some people play the game their own way and their own pace. Hating on something for no reason makes you look like an ape. I am not calling you an ape, I am saying that it's ape mentality to rip people's enjoyment off. Please think before you talk.

And since we're on that matter, I have never seen any multiplayer fan trying to talk crap on single player. That always, ALWAYS and in EVERY game comes from single player fans who not only talk crap on devs who decide to put multiplayer in their game but also have some kind of delusion that multiplayer will ruin single player. The close minded people in this case are by far the single player fans. And we witnessed here with the beta blog. It's kind of pathetic, really.

I was simply presenting an idea, generically. The intent was not to antagonize anyone, I was simply trying to explain why there's so much discord within gaming communities. Mostly it's about tastes, and that is a very complicated thing to distinguish from quality... To do that one must understand beyond the simple "use" of any art, like, I've dabbled as a musician and my mom plays classical piano, so at a very early age (at my teens) I was able to clearly distinguish quality from taste music-wise, bands like Dream Theater make me cringe, I hate them, but the quality of their technique is unquestionable, they are by far much much better then my favorite bands, as musicians I mean. My fav bands were always Punk Rock bands, and they do not translate into quality, what-so-ever. Sure there's quality in their creativity, but not in their musicianship, the only exception being The Clash and a couple others.

Noudelle said:
Being a mature person myself, I prefer to play video games on my own than with the children that play video games socially with other people.
Being a mature person myself, I prefer to play video games however I like, single- or multiplayer, because giving people the power to ruin my experience is a choice. :razz:

Orion said:
Noudelle said:
Being a mature person myself, I prefer to play video games however I like, single- or multiplayer, because giving people the power to ruin my experience is a choice. :razz:
Yeah, that's what I do too... Though lately playing with my sister (who's a pro in the fem. BR CSGO league) some random matchmaking games either in Valve's sad system or Esportal are resulting in some pretty absurd experiences with late-teens going batshait crazy, not a fun experience generally speaking...  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom