Shield bash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Si-A-erra. said:
xdj1nn said:
charizma said:
how would you use the shield to strike? what key would you press?

BLOCK(right-click)+attack(left-click) same as any game that has shield bash!? lmao

Wouldn't work, It would mess up with the way people play, I normally block and click a swing just after I stop blocking, your suggestion would turn a bunch of these into shield bashes and would annoy the hell out of everyone. maybe Kick+block
Haha few mods actually use shield bash BLOCK(right-click)+attack(left-click) and it works perfect!  :smile:

tumblr_mjj9ewSrfY1s7kzxmo1_500.gif

Do not look here said:
Yeah, but that configuration actually DOES make me shield bash accidentally when I want to attack fast after having my shield up.

Yeah, I usually disable that feature in the mods, the shield bash always messes me up.

I think it's easy to exploit. I mean, in some mods with shield bash I've played, I just need to get my shield on while walking to an enemy, blocking every attack he does and arrows, smack him on the face, making him fall INSTANTLY, and split his head with my axe, killing him in one swing. It can be balanced, like making it block-able, or instead of making the target fall, just stagger him. It will still be useful as an opening attack.

It should be a button. I have played mods like 1257 anno domini where you need to block and attack same time to shield bash. And its stupid because you do it sometimes as an emergency when you try to attack quick.

I would love something like this, but. Make the shield bashing 1 every so often, give some to regenerate some stamina

Shield bash would be great, but I would suggest not op'ing it at all, rather I would lean on the side of underpowering it... perhaps just a 1/4 second stun and/or an interrupt. Very, very minor damage (unless it's metal shield against a guy with no helm)

Sky Warden said:
I think it's easy to exploit. I mean, in some mods with shield bash I've played, I just need to get my shield on while walking to an enemy, blocking every attack he does and arrows, smack him on the face, making him fall INSTANTLY, and split his head with my axe, killing him in one swing. It can be balanced, like making it block-able, or instead of making the target fall, just stagger him. It will still be useful as an opening attack.

Couldn't agree more.

I've turned it off in every mod I've played that's used it. The knockdown effect is over the top and the mouse controls for it too frequently replace proper hits. If anything, it should be more like the kick function (just knocking people back)  -- perhaps have both the kick and the shield bash do minor bashing damage. Perhaps even both use the "e" button; why risk your leg by kicking out at someone in a fight, when you've got a protected arm that will accomplish the same end?

This could be an actually useful option when outnumbered.  Maybe a left mouse click and swivel.  Like a multi opponent stun to facing enemies.  Floris has one.  Not always effective when getting rushed by baddies though. :fruity:

I quite liked Floris shieldbash, but I thought it was too overpowered to ever be considered for multiplayer. Way to easy to knock down opposition.

I think Shield bash would be a great feature. But i dont think spiked shields are realistic

Back
Top Bottom