Sharing Joyful moment of PoP

Users who are viewing this thread

Arzeal

Grandmaster Knight
Yeah, why not?
PoP is giving me alot of "special moments", and it made me happy whenever I think of those moments, I wished I could read more of those, so Let's share!
Okey, to me it's:
- After several weeks of fighting, I captured my my 1st castle and deceided to start my own Kingdom. The 1st blood trial of my little kingdom to withstand ~1000 attack force led by Fierdvains King , my previous liege. Fortunately for me as I'm thinking about to restart my game (I only had ~100 troops in total), Suddenly, Sir Boris the Raven appeared on the horizon and take the Fierdvains army by himself. I felt like the God has pitied me! After 3 days of fighting, he retreated and throw  Fierdvains disorganized. I took my chance, beating back armies after armies, to the point that only 400 Fierdvains left w. 2 Lords retreating. It made a "swoops" through my heart when I saw they running.
I turned after Sir Boris after that and take care of him (how traitorous of me  :twisted:) since his Knights of Raven Spear have servery worn down. He escaped though, god blesses him and his Knights of the Raven Spear

One of my favorite moments was taking down Shiek Shalavan and literally ending up with just me and him standing on the battlefield.  Both of us had lost our mounts, and I was out of arrows.  We charged each other and I blocked his first blow, he blocked mine, but then I hit him before he could counter.  If it hadn't been a Sapphire Rune Sword, I may not have beat him to the punch like that, and he may not have gone down.  A very exhilarating 10 seconds.

Those damn D'Shars constantly besieging the castle I had taken from them with 1000-1300 at a time (just under 200 on my side, including my garrison).  To make a long story short, the end result after killing about 2400 guys in about 2 weeks was 10 D'Shar lords rotting in my dungeons.  :twisted:

kaeldragor said:
One of my favorite moments was taking down Shiek Shalavan and literally ending up with just me and him standing on the battlefield.  Both of us had lost our mounts, and I was out of arrows.  We charged each other and I blocked his first blow, he blocked mine, but then I hit him before he could counter.  If it hadn't been a Sapphire Rune Sword, I may not have beat him to the punch like that, and he may not have gone down.  A very exhilarating 10 seconds.

Great moment... and the Sapphire may have saved your ass as I suspect heroes are as strong as they should be. I would pat myself in the back after killing him mano to mano (without couching or other easier ways).

I took over Avendor, and The Three Seers spawned outside. Whenever a Sarleon Lord attempted to come seige the castle, the Three Seers chased them away from me, so I was able to build up nicely without any hassles from the guys i'd just stabbed in the back :grin:

The Unique Spawns were coming in really handly though, I just took a castle in a direction where the 3 seers spawned  :lol:

Dan_Grr said:
Aha, that is awesome.

I believe that is one of Sarleon's castles, next to a small mountain near the coast?
:shock:
*Looks behind my back*
hehe true, though isnt it suppose to be random?

My early days at Pendor after winning two consecutive tourneys... :cool: :cool:
mb1n.png

This was taken on my laptop. My PC was out from about 1 wk I guess, due to upgrading and stuff.

Arzeal said:
Yeah, why not?
PoP is giving me alot of "special moments", and it made me happy whenever I think of those moments, I wished I could read more of those, so Let's share!
Okey, to me it's:
- After several weeks of fighting, I captured my my 1st castle and deceided to start my own Kingdom. The 1st blood trial of my little kingdom to withstand ~1000 attack force led by Fierdvains King , my previous liege. Fortunately for me as I'm thinking about to restart my game (I only had ~100 troops in total), Suddenly, Sir Boris the Raven appeared on the horizon and take the Fierdvains army by himself. I felt like the God has pitied me! After 3 days of fighting, he retreated and throw  Fierdvains disorganized. I took my chance, beating back armies after armies, to the point that only 400 Fierdvains left w. 2 Lords retreating. It made a "swoops" through my heart when I saw they running.
I turned after Sir Boris after that and take care of him (how traitorous of me  :twisted:) since his Knights of Raven Spear have servery worn down. He escaped though, god blesses him and his Knights of the Raven Spear

Hah the same thing just happened to me yesterday. I captured my first castle from Sarleon while being factionless and I was planning to join the Fierdsvsain right after. After the siege my army was 35 men, since I only started the siege with 50 men  mostly noldors from the salt trick and a few from jatu and a few pendor archers.

Only the Ravenstein King with an army of 800 decided to lay siege to me. Luckily the three seers army was patrolling right next to my castle and totally pwned the Ravenstein. The ones that survived run off. And then the Sarleons decided to lay siege on me right after. Again the three seers took care of them. They are still patrolling the area around my castle, guarding it from enemy invaders. These chicks are totally in love with me, I'm telling you :razz:

Galerius said:
What the hell is the salt trick?!! :grin:
You might look in the thread (on the first page when you posted this) titled what is Salt Trick?  Not saying you'd get an answer, but you might look there first.

Well, I and two Ravenstern lords faced Wolfbode the Slayer near the northern mountains. After some time our men started gaining advantage and slowly we took down those Mystmountainers... Then I saw the enemy leader himself surrounded but still hacking down our men. I charged at him deciding to handle the man myself. After few moments of circling in the middle of fighting men I stuck my lance to his chest... Yea, that's the part that makes me happy. But remembering the game crashing just after that isn't so nice...

Pode said:
Galerius said:
You might look in the thread (on the first page when you posted this) titled what is Salt Trick?  Not saying you'd get an answer, but you might look there first.
Ah, I figured it out. I must say: THAT SUCKS.

Who cares? As long as it swallows...

Well, Wulfbode, my friend! I lanced him like five times today, till I had grinded down and defeated that ugly stack.

Most happy moment today: When I did some testing, including three full reinstalls of 2.02 and finally getting my old savegame back to work! w00t!

Galerius said:
Pode said:
Galerius said:
Ah, I figured it out. I must say: THAT SUCKS.
The answer you seek is posted elsewhere on the forum (otherwise I'd never have found out about it myself, who carries salt around?).  So it's not like we're being so mean as to hide all knowledge from you.  We're just not helping when you don't even look on the first page, let alone past it.  You've got more than enough to search with already.

To get back to thread topic: After a day of manuevering and stopping the lord to talk to him I don't know how many times, I finally managed to manuever a hostile lord into gettting caught by a band of Noldor no faster than he was.  Came back the next day and helped the elves to the final win over his last 4 troops, getting his prisoners, positive with the elves, and taking him captive without a single wound.

I took down a 1000+ Snake Army with two of the Empire Lords, one of whose butts I bailed out by getting into the battle in the first place, so he just loves me now, as we were friendly before.  At the end, the two Lords and I might have had 100 men left amongst the three of us, but it was quite a fight.  They just kept coming on and coming on -

The second one was Eyegrim's Army - did anybody notice the troops Eyegrim sends out for the finale?  That almost finished off my allies and me.

Worst was having Boris the Raven spawn literally on top of my 45 men with his 200 plus army as we innocently rode into Ravenstern.  I need not describe the outcome of that.

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
I took down a 1000+ Snake Army with two of the Empire Lords, one of whose butts I bailed out by getting into the battle in the first place, so he just loves me now, as we were friendly before.  At the end, the two Lords and I might have had 100 men left amongst the three of us, but it was quite a fight.  They just kept coming on and coming on -

The second one was Eyegrim's Army - did anybody notice the troops Eyegrim sends out for the finale?  That almost finished off my allies and me.

Worst was having Boris the Raven spawn literally on top of my 45 men with his 200 plus army as we innocently rode into Ravenstern.  I need not describe the outcome of that.
hehe, I can imagine that, when my woulded army met the Sir Boris for the 1st time, and I charge into the battle meeting him and his Knights of the Raven Spears.
I saw a fuker came along with long knight spears/full plates/barded horse PLUS a bow on his butts. My last words were "mother fu ..."

Back
Top Bottom