Shadow of the World Tree V1.30 for PWmod 3.5B

Users who are viewing this thread

xombie5

Sergeant Knight at Arms
if anybody knows how i can give this map a name in the mod (like VoS is called Valley of swamps in the map listings) - this one is oceania, and i have no idea how to change that :S

Big thanks to metalhead in helping me finish it up :smile:

first man (or woman) to screeny all the skeletons (hidden and not ... as hidden) gets a metaphorical cookie :razz: (also will have your banner of choice placed at the ruins and at the fairground providing they arent there already..)
there are Eight (:cool: skeletons to find. good luck. (no cheating ¬.¬)
must do it in a multiplayer game - not in spectator mode.

NOW WITH SCREENIES (i hope they work  :mrgreen: )

mb24u.jpg
mb25.jpg
mb26y.jpg
mb27x.jpg
mb28o.jpg
mb29.jpg
mb30n.jpg
mb31.jpg
mb33.jpg
mb34c.jpg
mb35.jpg
mb36r.jpg

new in 1.30:
New Masons HQ. More banners to the fairground.
Arena_Spectator props now placed by "main" merchant e2 trading props. (they look like low resolution players in red tunics). there are more merchants with different advantages than the ones these guys are standing by but they are there to show the impatient players who cant explore some places to trade.
Some terrain tweaks, bugfixes.

__
this map is UNBALANCED - people in castles will have a battle advantage etc - deal with it, life is unfair.
__

DOWLOAD LINK
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2316

I was thinking of it and I come out with similar ideas. I got it all.Maybe it will be usfull for you:

NEW MAP IDEA:
(I am sorry I do not have time to do that)

"South": Town on the sea side.
- Traders and TW spawn in port which is not accessible from outside(spawn area)and has few different ways to the Town
  Centre.
- Traders and TW are "in charge" of Town. The Town gate could not be open from outside and there is no other way to get to
  the town. You have to play as trader or TW, or you have to ask somebody inside to open the gate.(only later development
  will make possible to assult Town with ladders ... like cRPG ones)
- There is market square in Town Centre. Goods to trade in the middle of square(Velvet,spices to buy.Leather to
    sell).Public buildings around square:Town Watch with high tower,connected to Town Gate;Tavern(ale to sell);Stable;Bank.
    Bank should have double crate(like Tavern in Nobody map)

"Middle" - Wilderness,Bandit's Country
- Bandits spawn in well hidden Cave with many exits but without access from outside. Forest on top of it. Bows and arrows on
  wooden platforms.Watch towers.Bandits camp when you can stash all goods. Ruins and whatever bandits love to have it :wink:
- Tavern(ale to sell) in the middle on the crossroad.(I describe road system at the end)

"West" - Monastery/Prison- "wet"country
- it could be base for "good bandits/civilians" or outpost for factions/TW or both
- wooden fort on the hill surround by barley fields
- ale to buy, leather and spices to sell
- few cells(for monks or prisoners)

"North/East" - plains with few hills,small castles,small villages - Faction Country("turtles")
- spawn area for all others in North/East corner of the map made like in Oceania map fallowed by mine area
- castles next to villages but higher(on the hill)- should be really small. 2 banks - 1 on the top of tower(treasury),one next to
  ironselling point.;stable;armory;beds
- villages very small(velvet to sell,leather to buy)
- another Tavern(ale to sell) on the crossroads(road system next)

"East" - "King's Road"(velvet road) in the High Mountines, kind of highway with one Tavern/Guard Post somewere there(ale to sell).

ROAD SYSTEM:
-"King,s Road" connect Town and mines/spawn area, and goes around Bandits Country.The most easy one should be the longest one.
  It should be proper road(like Roman one)
- Bandit Track connect Town and castles area through the Bandits Country.Very, very dangerous. Should be shorter than King's Road
- Monks Path connect Town and castle area, should be not easy to ride, with many obstacles on the way(swamps,rocks etc)
- Ale road connect Monastery and Tavern/Guard Post through bandits country - basically to help bandits to get to King's Road where they can attack traders as well as help "good bandits" get to monastery
- small roads(paths) should connect castles and villages and meet with King's Road

The River - in kind of "U" shape- starting from North/East corner(bridge on the King's Road),separating Bandit Country from Castles,Monastery and Town and ends in South/East in the sea. It may turn to swamp beatwen Monastery and Bandit Country. The way from Bandits Country to King's Road should be way up through the mountains

Sorry for being symmetric and schematic but this is the best way to describe my idea. I like to separate differant way of play from itch other for as long as possible to give them the save start and choice what to do next.

By popular demand i shall be adding a fortress / tree house to the world tree, the mountain fortress will be white, and the Towns keep will be red.

hosted the map for about 30 minutes a few mins ago, about 20 people came and went.. should be getting some comments soon.

kk, il be hosting for half an hour or so so people can have a look at whats there so far and make demands/requests :razz:

6PM UK TIME - 15th october , friday (today), server name : Leroy_test

had a look was really awesome :smile: maybe you should add a village like in fpw with little defense so bandits can raid it may be good for the RP

joko380 said:
had a look was really awesome :smile: maybe you should add a village like in fpw with little defense so bandits can raid it may be good for the RP

Arabian/steppe village replaced Volcanoe fortress (didnt like that one very much :razz:)

xombie5 said:
joko380 said:

Arabian/steppe village replaced Volcanoe fortress (didnt like that one very much :razz:)
well thats oke too :razz:

Some rips based on screenshots:
-there should be always some props above dungeons/mines/undergrounds - otherwise shadows are really ****ed up
-smooth terrain is your friend
-don't make so step river banks and deep rivers - if you want rivers to be impassable either use barriers (looks better) or even better join me in begging Laszlo for drowning system (slowly loosing hp while underwater/touching flat invisible scene prop - used in FPW).

If you want more, upload somewhere link to map - I'll check in edit mode.

CalenLoki said:
Some rips based on screenshots:
-there should be always some props above dungeons/mines/undergrounds - otherwise shadows are really ****ed up
-smooth terrain is your friend
-don't make so step river banks and deep rivers - if you want rivers to be impassable either use barriers (looks better) or even better join me in begging Laszlo for drowning system (slowly loosing hp while underwater/touching flat invisible scene prop - used in FPW).

If you want more, upload somewhere link to map - I'll check in edit mode.

ty for advice, but those screenies are from when iwas 15% done (my bad, should have updated them) :razz: its all smooth and climboutofriverable now :razz: if i plug in the few remaining armories, beds and trade items then it should be fully playable now.. though unpolished with no interior details (no food on tables, etc etc)

ive asked if nobody will host it - hes said ok - and it IS fully playable now - trade routes are all in etc - blue castle isnt quite finished yet and there is still lack of eye candy , but if you want it il release it as a beta version today? :p

Back
Top Bottom