B Info Shader Shader Stuff- HLSL instruction limits

Users who are viewing this thread

HyperCharge said:
another question, is there any tutorial for learning some earlier functions in HLSL ?
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb509561(v=vs.85).aspx
This is the page for all your needs, with proper documentation and examples.

Just a little shader sneak peak of the upcoming Battle of Europe update.
Stormy weather is beautiful isn't it? :wink:
ZKL_3V.gif

jacobhinds said:
Those moving clouds too.  :shock: is that a particle or just part of the skybox?
The clouds are actually "pseudo" volumetric, a dynamic multiple layered cloud texture applied to two gigantic shirked half spheres, which are spawned at the middle of the scene.
The movement depends on wind strength and direction, the clouds size, shape and density can change dynamicaly aswell.
Special lighting as well as Normal and Parallax mapping also adds some depth to them.
1xOhcSw.jpg

But however it's still very WIP  :wink:

Another sunset scenario with fewer clouds and updated shaders.
EzJgnmJ.jpg
HyperCharge said:
My skybox is just turning around itself, but that...
Well thats the 90's attempt of implementing animated skies I guess :wink:, but still better than nothing.

Has anyone ever figured out how the vertex coloring for 'blood' works?
I initially thought to just disable the blood altogether and then apply blood coloring myself dynamically using a shader, but all the shader parameters seem to be globals so this does not work. Although, I could very well be approaching this totally wrong (I want one specific shader to receive one specific set of parameters which are set via trigger(s)).

At this point I would just be content with being able to darken the shade of the stock blood vertex coloring.

Thanks!

wrwlf said:
Has anyone ever figured out how the vertex coloring for 'blood' works?
I initially thought to just disable the blood altogether and then apply blood coloring myself dynamically using a shader, but all the shader parameters seem to be globals so this does not work. Although, I could very well be approaching this totally wrong (I want one specific shader to receive one specific set of parameters which are set via trigger(s)).

At this point I would just be content with being able to darken the shade of the stock blood vertex coloring.

Thanks!
Easily do-able, although there is one caveat - you will have to decide on a maximum number of blood splatters being passed to the shader at once. I would recommend maybe 8 or 12 - theres nothing stopping you having more its just it would get a bit complicated/messy. Basically you want to get the position of where the blood splatter should be (could maybe use a ti_on_agent hit trigger or something), then pass this position to the shader via either the commands

Code:
set_shader_param_float4                      = 2402  # (set_shader_param_float4, <parameter_name>, <valuex>, <valuey>, <valuez>, <valuew>),	#Sets the float4 shader parameter <parameter_name> to <valuex/y/z/w>
set_shader_param_float4x4                    = 2403  # (set_shader_param_float4x4, <parameter_name>, [0][0], [0][1], [0][2], [1][0], [1][1], [1][2], [2][0], [2][1], [2][2], [3][0], [3][1], [3][2]),	#Sets the float4x4 shader parameter <parameter_name> to the given values .w components are 0001 by default

I did a very similar thing to what you want to do when I set up my own lighting system.
I used the above commands to set up my own lighting system - it allowed me to place lights and specify the type of light (point light/spot light/directional light), the strength of the light, its color, and whether it flickered or was on constantly, and whether it was interact-able (could be turned on and off by the player). For anyone else who is interested in trying this my main problem was shadows, i couldn't alter warbands shadows to take these custom lights into account.

La Grandmaster said:
For anyone else who is interested in trying this my main problem was shadows, i couldn't alter warbands shadows to take these custom lights into account.
...won't work without hacking the engine, there's no known method to alter the shadowmap that way.

I recently uploaded a couple of videos which show off the current dynamic weather effects and shaders of Battle of Europe.
So it might be worth to show you guys our black magic in action.  :wink:

And two other videos...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmPiZ5rIIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeEjjIkZzjI

Back
Top Bottom