Shader crash

Users who are viewing this thread

SunofVich

Veteran
When entering a city. I get a crash to desktop and an error message saying "Shader error: out of memory." Or something like that, I will try to get a screenshot next time.

My graphics card is a 4870x2 with 2gb of memory so its kinda odd that I would be running out of memory especially when I can play vanilla and other mods all day with nothing happening.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html

Try this,this is memory related and before trying mods i did this first so dont know if it can fix your problem.

It appears to be a graphics issue not a VM issue.  The error box had ATI on its title bar.

It must be some sort of graphical thing that this mod does specifically.  No other mod or game does this.

I don't know if it was one or the other or both but installing the game from Taleworlds and removing it off of steam and lowering textures to 90% I have been able to play this mod for 3 and half hours and no problems.

1.some software to help lighter pc gaming, PC running time:
Game Booster
link: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

2.always update your VGA / Graphic Card
- for nvidia: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
- for ATI : http://ati.amd.com/SUPPORT/DRIVER.HTML

3.update the latest microsoft Visual C ++ to your PC
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=A7B7A05E-6DE6-4D3A-A423-37BF0912DB84

SunofVich said:
I don't know if it was one or the other or both but installing the game from Taleworlds and removing it off of steam and lowering textures to 90% I have been able to play this mod for 3 and half hours and no problems.

Thanks for posting back with what worked for you.  Lots of people say steam interferes and your experiences further prove that.

crumbs said:
SunofVich said:

Thanks for posting back with what worked for you.  Lots of people say steam interferes and your experiences further prove that.
No problem if it will help save someone else from frustration.

Dammit i got Ninja'd out of doing my job,well judging by the information you provided i'd say it is a graphics issue which can be solved by either updating your graphics drivers or toning down your settings in game. 1755 has a nasty habit of sapping a lot of RAM which can diminish performance greatly so try the program Alan suggested, it helps by stopping useless programs running in the background so all the RAM can focus on the game only.

shadowarcher said:
Dammit i got Ninja'd out of doing my job,well judging by the information you provided i'd say it is a graphics issue which can be solved by either updating your graphics drivers or toning down your settings in game. 1755 has a nasty habit of sapping a lot of RAM which can diminish performance greatly so try the program Alan suggested, it helps by stopping useless programs running in the background so all the RAM can focus on the game only.

Well i have some good news for you.  It happened again.  Again when entering a city just before the menu popped up.  Shader Error: Out of Memory.

I have 6gb of ram.
4870x2 with 2gb of ram

Memory? I don't think so.  Actually I had the same issue with Floris mod that I tried and it would give me the exact same error before even loading the menu screen.  What actually fixed it was that one of the Mod devs (i think) found it to be the sounds.txt file that was causing it... yeah doesn't make any sense to me either.  Anyway downloaded the fixed sounds.txt file for that mod and it has run smoothly ever since.

So even though it has come up with an error that makes it seem like it should be a video  problem... it might not be? And why would it make this sort of error when going into a city? As far as i know city menus are not very graphics intensive.

I will wait for the next 1755 version to come out and if it is still doing it then I will try setting it to DirectX7 if I can bear the ugliness long enough to see if my problem really is a video problem.

I will not roll back my video drivers.  As much as i would love to play this mod for a good long time I will play something else before I do that as other games I have benefit from the current version i have.

SunofVich said:
shadowarcher said:

Well i have some good news for you.  It happened again.  Again when entering a city just before the menu popped up.  Shader Error: Out of Memory.

I have 6gb of ram.
4870x2 with 2gb of ram

Memory? I don't think so.  Actually I had the same issue with Floris mod that I tried and it would give me the exact same error before even loading the menu screen.  What actually fixed it was that one of the Mod devs (i think) found it to be the sounds.txt file that was causing it... yeah doesn't make any sense to me either.  Anyway downloaded the fixed sounds.txt file for that mod and it has run smoothly ever since.

So even though it has come up with an error that makes it seem like it should be a video  problem... it might not be? And why would it make this sort of error when going into a city? As far as i know city menus are not very graphics intensive.

I will wait for the next 1755 version to come out and if it is still doing it then I will try setting it to DirectX7 if I can bear the ugliness long enough to see if my problem really is a video problem.

I will not roll back my video drivers.  As much as i would love to play this mod for a good long time I will play something else before I do that as other games I have benefit from the current version i have.
Don't worry the next one will be alot kinder to your memory, not once did i crash during 2.87 and alot of the other testers provided reports of incredibly good performance and minimal crashes.

The sound issue is true!!! Just found out few days ago....but an "INVALID ITEM" issue, about items in scenes, that we removed or changed, also made problems :evil:
Many things changed, removed and fixed in v.2.9.....just go in v.2.9 topic and ....SCREAMMM, folks!!! :mrgreen:

I can't take credit anymore for the LOD's.  Openbrf now makes them to your specification with a mouse click.  This saves a lot of time creating them in Blender.  It doesn't like meshes that are really complicated and has crashed a few times on me [all the more reason to save often].  All the new uniforms Poomtang has made for 1776 have LOD's even for the submeshes.  Great tool.

@SunofVich, the thread linked to by Fran-Krsto also has some tweaks to virtual memory as well.  Upping my virtual memory to a ridiculous number allows this mod to always run almost always at 60fps, which is all my monitor displays anyway.  I know virtual memory does not equal video memory by this is microsoft we are talking about....

I too have an ATI card.  Have you found a driver version that does not tear on the world map?  My card is a 5870.  I use the tab out method and that always fixes the world map tearing issue.  The "wait for vertical refresh" setting does nothing for me either way.

Back
Top Bottom