Resolved General settlements.xml bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
I changed the fortification level of town_EN6 in my mod's settlements.xml to 1, however in game the walls were still level 3. The only way I can see level 1 walls in game while testing my worldmap is to edit settlements.xml in the sandbox module. Clearly, the game engine is taking name changes from my settlements.xml but ignoring it for level changes to towns. Cross checked by a colleague on another mod who experienced the same problem. Seems levels can be changed on castles in a mod's settlements.xml but town changes are ignored. Tests were conducted on sandbox, not story-mode. Hopefully this is an oversight, which you can fix.

Can you send us the scene files?
RAR/ZIP the scene files and upload the RAR/ZIP to upload.taleworlds.com. With the URL of this thread and your username to be written to the description. There are 2 folders located under the below paths with your scene name:
WOTS\Modules\SandBox\SceneObj
WOTS\Modules\SandBox\SceneEditData

Can you send us the scene files?
RAR/ZIP the scene files and upload the RAR/ZIP to upload.taleworlds.com. With the URL of this thread and your username to be written to the description. There are 2 folders located under the below paths with your scene name:
WOTS\Modules\SandBox\SceneObj
WOTS\Modules\SandBox\SceneEditData
Hi @MArdA TaleWorlds this problem relates to settlements.xml overrides not my scene files. The quickest way you can replicate this is:
1. Create a new module in the editor
2. Reload tools with the new module ticked to activate it
3. Load Sandbox Main_map and save as Main_map in your new module.
4. Copy settlements.xml from sandbox ModuleData into your mod's ModuleData folder
5. Edit your mod's settlements.xml and change the level of town_EN6 from 3 to 1 and save
6. Run the game with your mod enabled in sandbox mode and visit Amprela where you will find level 3 fortifications despite your change to settlements.xml

There are lots of other problems with campaign maps as have already been reported (hard-coded terrain heights, fixed x and y maximum dimensions of 900 metres, only the first paint layer's normals being implemented in game, failure to replicate editor texturing and paint layers in game etc.) so I've no problem sharing files if you need to understand any of them. However, sending SceneObj and SceneEditData won't be of any real help. To get round size and height problems, I need to use Harmony and Bannerlord General Modding Patches to load my WIP campaign map and it includes a few custom assets that will be missing unless it is loaded as a mod.

Back
Top Bottom