Settlements Scenes Bugs & Feedback Thread (0.675)

Users who are viewing this thread

Cedero said:
In Sturnhill I have all upgrades, and visitors get stuck on the wall outside, and I have to push them inside.

And most or all attackers also get stuck on the wall outside.

Most defenders get stuck on the inner side of the wall.

so Sturnhill= Stuckhill hehehe

Francisian said:
I have posted on the feed back threadh, however the last post before me has been a month ago so i post here again

In the settlement of Greenlandsby

On economic lvl 1 Military lvl1

You cant enter the manor, instead you get a "door back outside" wich spwans you in the middle of your settelement instead of inside the manor

In the campaign map i got 54 troops in the garrison, but after i built the military upgrade to lvl1 i only have 49 troops and 2 partys of 2 men each in my sttlement called indoor scene troops, these troops have been taken from my garrison and are inside the manor but are separated from my troops, i think this is related to the bug above ^

Minor issues:

And theres a minor pathfinding for a few villagers that get "stranded" on the buildings and keep on walking towards the houses outside (the one outside closest to the gate) and only move out of it after a while

Edit:

Its getting worse, now i have 2 new partys of 12 and 13 soldiers called inscene troops, these have been taken from my garrison aswell, i think this is happening because of the bug i mentioned above, since these troops are out of reach the game calls for new ones and the cycle goes on, i already lost half of my garrison this way  :cry:

i can confirm that that was my 1st village and all of its bugs are true

The villlage I chose was Falconpass, thought it'd be a cool place and pretty much in between all the places I want to go to.
Issues:
1. On e0m0 and e1m0 I think some trees in the back are floating, at e1m1 those trees were gone though so they longer pose an issue
2. The tactical overview map(when you push backspace) shows alot of area on top, which isn't accessible, not that there is any reason to go there anyway.
3. The first traveller that arrived after my upgrade to e1 got stuck on the fence near the small field with vegetables, couldn't get him to stay since he needs to reach his end spot. Never happened afterwards though, but during mock sieges alot of troops get stuck there as well.
4. When starting mock siege defense the cavalry starts in front of annoying rock formations, this is extremely annoying for both defense and attacking, for defense I have to turn around on the slow ass horse I get and go around that area(going through it is horrible). When attacking I have to make sure my troops are following rather then simply letting them do what they want or else they'll all waste their time fighting toe to toe with lance cavalry dishing out 0 dmg hits for 10 minutes)

Another settlement is Esgaroth, it seems like a cool settlement idea, but it's horrible to attack it(I went trying to defeat some bandits there took several reloads) so you start on a dock, out of nowwhere(how did you get on it?) among your troops, you're on a horse, good luck getting forward. During the fight 1/4th of my troops got stuck on the edge of the dock as well and you only got the starting bit of the dock to actually fight around properly, cause when you get near the small wooden things sticking out and try to go back then there is an invisble clip of some sort that the horse can't get past by, jumping gets me unstuck but then there's a large chance I jump in the water... when you fall in the water, you gotta go sooooo damn far until you can get up finally, if your troops are dead you can do that, or simply give up by jumping up and down in the water hoping enemy ranged units spot you and knock you out since the M&B devs thought it be a fun idea to mess with their players and dissalow them to exit the fight completely by just opening the options menu instead of the normal menu...

Oh well, sorry if it sounds like a rant. Hope the feedback will help though.. and yeah Esgaroth while a cool idea(like Empto which seems to be a tree settlement) should be an Empt town until it's got some more combat space and if's possible maybe clips at the edges of the docks so I can't fall off in water that I can stay alive in forever due to my infinite oxygen reserves :razz:

DuckSauce said:
The villlage I chose was Falconpass, thought it'd be a cool place and pretty much in between all the places I want to go to.
Issues:
1. On e0m0 and e1m0 I think some trees in the back are floating, at e1m1 those trees were gone though so they longer pose an issue
2. The tactical overview map(when you push backspace) shows alot of area on top, which isn't accessible, not that there is any reason to go there anyway.
3. The first traveller that arrived after my upgrade to e1 got stuck on the fence near the small field with vegetables, couldn't get him to stay since he needs to reach his end spot. Never happened afterwards though, but during mock sieges alot of troops get stuck there as well.
4. When starting mock siege defense the cavalry starts in front of annoying rock formations, this is extremely annoying for both defense and attacking, for defense I have to turn around on the slow ass horse I get and go around that area(going through it is horrible). When attacking I have to make sure my troops are following rather then simply letting them do what they want or else they'll all waste their time fighting toe to toe with lance cavalry dishing out 0 dmg hits for 10 minutes)
1. I think I fixed this twice now but somehow they get floating again, I will include a fix in the next city add-on.
2. I think the tactical map is always the same size regardless of real map size, it is more noticeable in Falconpass as this is one of the smaller maps.
3. I will check the AI mesh.
4. It seems I changed some starting points in my last edit, the defenders should start in front of the gates (or where these will be with the right upgrade).

DuckSauce said:
Oh well, sorry if it sounds like a rant. Hope the feedback will help though..
No problem, feedback (and constructive ranting) is always appreciated. :wink:

Berpol said:
DuckSauce said:
3. I will check the AI mesh.

Not really important, mostly important for the cavalry though, since they only have jousting lances with no shields, they tend to dismount losing their attack advantage and just get slaughtered if they enter combat being unable to block and deal any real damage :razz:

On the problems with Falconpass
The problems are based on the simple fact that these are not the correct files. The files currently included are those from 0.66 without AI mesh and not those I made for 0.67 with AI mesh (and grounded trees). I will include the updated files in the next city add-on.

Any chance you can give me the updated files? Or would that not without restarting the game anyway?
Also I'm at E2M1 now, appears some of the infantry being all in the way in the back get stuck on the walls, only like 3 max of them usually though.

DuckSauce said:
Any chance you can give me the updated files? Or would that not without restarting the game anyway?
Also I'm at E2M1 now, appears some of the infantry being all in the way in the back get stuck on the walls, only like 3 max of them usually though.
Sorry, I don't have the correct files on this PC.
I will upload them tomorrow, exchanging them is compatible with existing games.

Just upgraded to E2M2... AMAZING!
THE HELL A WHOLE GODDAMN CASTLE IN THE BACK! AAAAAHHHHHHH!

Sorry immature time over...
I tottally did not see this coming though, great work Berpol.

A very minor bug is the well that you see when going up those long first stairs after entering the city is floating above the ground a bit.

Glad you like it :grin:

I uploaded new scenes here, just copy these into the SceneObj folder.
These new files include an AI mesh, I also positioned entry point 40 (mounted defenders for battles) in front of the gate.

It seems that some trees (automatic from terrain code) are in places I did not intend them to be (like on the ramp to the castle). I will make some changes there in the next city add-on, if you find any more errors (large and small) just post them here.

hay Berpol i know I'm asking a lot of questions but can you tell me why does my character slows down whenever i enter my town map???

big_V said:
hay Berpol i know I'm asking a lot of questions but can you tell me why does my character slows down whenever i enter my town map???
That happens when there is a lot of graphics to load in the direction you look at.
Lets take Falconpass as an example, if you enter the camp there are only few objects, some trees and bushes and so on so the graphics don't slow you down. But if you enter Falconpass with at least one economic upgrade it also includes a field made up of hundreds of wheat plants, on a weaker machine this will hinder you. This only happens if the plants are in your field of vision so if you look back (there isn't much there after all) you might speed up.

This can also happen with OSP items.
Native items have graphics with lesser details that get loaded when the wielder is farther away - at least some OSP items don't have that so even if the enemy army of 200 shiny knights is far away they are loaded with full detail graphics (happened with Sword of Damocles with me, only way to fight was to stay back and let my 100 shiny knights to their work against the hundreds of dirty undead).

Berpol said:
Glad you like it :grin:

I uploaded new scenes here, just copy these into the SceneObj folder.
These new files include an AI mesh, I also positioned entry point 40 (mounted defenders for battles) in front of the gate.

Awesome will try!

Since its feedback, I think you should make making the settlement bigger faster, 'cause 3 months 4 your settlement to become a village is looooong.  I also think more factions should pop up, 3rd month into the game and theres the Kingdom of Veagers and me...

LOVE THE MOD THOUGH

That's more of a balance issue, and this is only the beta. Myself, I agree with the need for more factions, but an easy way to speed along the process is to go to camp and turn on the edit settlement (cheat) mode. Once that mode is on go to certain peasant-owned settlements and you can upgrade or degrade their economy/military levels, add peasants and troops and prisoners, increase corruption, prosperity, etc. For a faction to start, a settlement needs to be a castle town and have high relations with its Lord or Lady, I believe.

Also note that the edit settlement (cheat) mode allows you to wait a long time quickly in your settlement, so the game speeds up a lot. Your settlement will upgrade faster in real time.

when i got into the town the vaegirs took Custow and try to talk to the arms merchant i believe it is the game crashed when i select the see goods option =(

I had the same problem. The solution that worked for me is changing the torch item so that it doesn't count as merchandise. That way it won't show up in the arms merchant's store. I used the item editor to uncheck the "merchandise" option for the torch, and you can find a link to the item editor in my sig.

There are also other methods available.

Here's an older post by Berpol detailing the problem:
I finally managed to corner the weapon trader bug, the culprit is the torch (item 406). When loading an inventory with a torch in it the program won't work, likely because of one of the triggers attacked to the torch. Possible solutions are:
1. Change torches so that they don't appear at the merchants. You have to wait until already existing torches are removed from the trader's inventory.
2. Remove the triggers from the torch. Now it's just a club with another name.
3. Do both changes.
4. Fix the triggers. But don't ask me how that's done.

Torch with merchandise flag - this is the original code from the items file
    itm_torch Torch Torch 1  club 0  4259842 9223388529554358286 11 0 2.500000 100 0 0 0 0 11264 95 0 95 0 256 523
    -50.000000  5 1955 3 0 60 0 1965 1 1008806316530991114 1965 1 1008806316530991117 1950 3 150 130 70 1960 2 10 30

Torch without merchandise flag - reduce the item flags 4259842 by 65536 to 4194306
    itm_torch Torch Torch 1  club 0  4194306 9223388529554358286 11 0 2.500000 100 0 0 0 0 11264 95 0 95 0 256 523
    -50.000000  5 1955 3 0 60 0 1965 1 1008806316530991114 1965 1 1008806316530991117 1950 3 150 130 70 1960 2 10 30

Torch without triggers - change the triggers flag from 1 to 0 and remove the triggers -50.000000  5 1955 3 0 60 0 1965 1 1008806316530991114 1965 1 1008806316530991117 1950 3 150 130 70 1960 2 10 30
    itm_torch Torch Torch 1  club 0  4259842 9223388529554358286 11 0 2.500000 100 0 0 0 0 11264 95 0 95 0 256 523

Torch without triggers and merchandise flag
    itm_torch Torch Torch 1  club 0  4194306 9223388529554358286 11 0 2.500000 100 0 0 0 0 11264 95 0 95 0 256 523

Back
Top Bottom